Our Competition - Prizes are going out now!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Our Competition - Prizes are going out now!

Please see - Prize Details
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • oztruck
    Commander
    • May 2010

I would like to thank publicly "The Sub Driver Forum", Kazzer and the Wiz, Although new at subs I have been around RC for a long time. I posted a few photos and a bit of text showing off what I have done in the way of trying to learn how to build a working sub. Very basic and still a lot to learn. As expected I didn't win in fact I came last but that is ok by me. Next thing I know is I am getting an email from Kazzer asking my address here in Australia. Then this Sunday, the day after I sunk my sub, my wife finds a parcel on the front steps FULL of all sorts of goodies including the DVD set on RC Gato. I am blown away by the honest way this forum operates, If they say they will do it they do it and then some. IF it is good they say so. and if it is rubbish they let you know in a very clear way.

You guys have my vote, keep up the good work.

Cheers Chris McKay

Comment

• xken1962
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Apr 2010

Thank you as well!

I arrived home from work to find a fair size box at the back step; where the delivery folks leave things. Much to my surprise I opened it and also found a wealth of treasure inside. I to wish to thank all involved in being selected for the honor; especially not being sub related. Thanks again to all and keep up the great work going on here.!

Merry Christmas to all!

Ken

Comment

• RonP-UK
        Lieutenant
        • Feb 2010

I'm not a lucky sort of bloke, if there are two tickets in a raffle,I am the guy who gets the loser. I think it would be true to say that if I fell into a barrel of boobs I would come out sucking my thumb so I was totally chuffed to find out I had won something in the builders competition. It came today, a decent size parcel packed to the gunnels with quavers (at least thats what they taste like) Inside a brand new radio control and 4 of the tiniest servos I have ever seen. They are so small they are dwarfed by Merrimans leveller (also included).
        Now I dont like blowing my own trumpet but I do know a thing or two about model subs and I am also pretty familiar with level controls having made a few over the years. I was never much keen on these solid state levellers, they dont really work well. OK they make your servo move when you lift the back of the boat but the relationship between boat tilt and servo movement is critical. Too much movement and you over correct, too little and you under correct and the symtoms are the same for both (you porpoise) The litmus test for any leveller is, will it work without any radio input and the answer with all the ones I have tried is---NO--------------UNTIL TODAY. This little unit of Merrimans has clearly been designed by someone who can build a good, working model submarine and not someone who can talk a good submarine. If you have ANY other sort of leveller then throw it away, its gonna be rubbish compared with this gem. For my part I shall build no more of them, its not worth the aggro, I will just pay up and look big. My old U-Boat (a model that started many on this foolish hobby) is undergoing a complete rebuild after sitting on a shelf for over ten years (more of that in the fullness of time) and it will sport one of these levellers when complete. As for the one I have just been given---------WOW it has gone in my Alpha today and boy does it work.
        My sincerest thanks and gratitude to the owners of this site, you have made one old modeller very happy today and by coincidence on my birthday.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
          • Aug 2008

Ron,

All that gushing coming from one of the Greats in this hobby is most gratifying.

But, I would be remiss not to make a corrections:

The man responsible for the ADF leveler is Kevin McLeod. Kevin came up with the design, brought it to fruition, and markets the device, and others, through Caswell Inc.

Glad you like the prizes -- you're work was worth it; you earned those goodies, Ron.

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...