• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

637 SSNs - Towed Array details

Hi guys,
    does anyone know where I can might be able to get plans / photos etc of the Sturgeon's towed array details (the fairing / housing and exit points)?

I have a set of excellent plans for Greg Sharpe but these are for the "as launched" version of the 637 and the TB-16 Towed Array housing was added much later on across the Sturgeon class. So Greg's plans do not show the TB-16 housing or exit points or supporting structures.

From photos I have seen to date - the fairing like when it was added to the Permits, was applied to the port side. Unlike the Permits that had the fairing running fairly parallel to the centre line for most of the fairing, the Sturgeons were positioned in a more angled fashion across most of the upper casing. Both fairings then snake downwards - with Permits exit point being on the port side rear horizontal stabiliser section right next to the port side rear dive plane. The Sturgeon's exit point is higher up and atop the port side PUFFS housing vertical fin of the port side rear plane.

I have not yet seen any close up photos of the Sturgeon's towed array exit point. Does anyone know of any resources that could assist.

Thanks

John
    Last edited by Slats; 11-15-2010, 08:03 PM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

The Wizard should have that. Hes got everything else.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...