Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

It's Officially New York Winter

Its always a sad day for me when they start to drain The Erie Canal, but today's the day. I never got to build my submarine harbor or run my boats much. I was hoping to attack a few canoeists and rowing crews, but after that incident with my Speed Controller getting fried, I put the boat into storage, while I got on with more mundane things like landscaping the garden and building a deck around the pool- er I mean new test tank.

I've decided to send my HMS Sibyl to the knackers yard. The boat was a disaster from day one, thanks to a diabolical lay-up job from Metcalfe Mouldings. It's a case of shovelling Stuff uphill as the top half is top-heavy and has too many 'alterations' to remedy this. I have a new model in stock from MBD and its a completely different animal, so I'm looking forward to having a second chance at my favorite boat. I only hope I can find the time.

As for the canal, the water will drain away over the next four or five days until we have about three feet depth. This is to stop ice skaters, snowmobilers and other idiots and fools, who think walking on ice is clever, from killing themselves. We usually have at least a couple of snowmobilers go under the ice every winter, but its usually on the lakes. They hit a soft spot and shoot under at 50 mph+ and then thrash about for a minute or so, wondering why they can't break through 9" of ice. As Mr. Merriman would say, "Natural Selection" working at its best. But, I digress!

You can watch the canal drain by looking in at my live webcam. its' neat to play the 24 hour feed screen too!

The pontoon boat is going to simply lay on the mud this year, as I want to move the boat lift to a new position. I'll be building a new dock (my favorite past -time as I can hone my carpentry skills to the nearest 3/4") over the winter too!

So - here it is www.moonrakers.com/camera.php
    Last edited by Kazzer; 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

and Officially Summer here mate - high 30C's last weekend.

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• RonP-UK
      Lieutenant
      • Feb 2010

Don't you just hate it when you are freezing your nadgers off and someone tells you that the sun is shining were they are. Enjoy it mate, the Brits are coming to reclaim the Ashes.
      Last edited by Kazzer; 11-15-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Darn! I got it wrong.

The local's smoke signals tell me that the canal won't be drained until the weekend.
        Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by RonP-UK
          Don't you just hate it when you are freezing your nadgers off and someone tells you that the sun is shining were they are. Enjoy it mate, the Brits are coming to reclaim the Ashes.
          Actually you don't need to reclaim them - you just need to retain them - which I think you should as our team has no excuses - its fundamentally crap. They're not only doing us a disservice, the current line up are an embarrassment to the game.

Winter here has been miserable - so its great we are getting into the warmer / hot weather.
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
          Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...