• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gogiantks
    Ensign
    • Oct 2015

pitch control

Hi Everyone,
    I'm having a problem with pitch control. I have tried a few times, all the lights indicate proper set up, but the servo does not move. I plugged it in, by passing the pitch control and works properly. I've been flying RC for over thirty years, so I'm familiar with systems. Any thoughts from out there?
    Ken
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You're sure your putting the servo lead plug in correctly, not backwards (I've done it)?

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

no wait.....I remember doing this and Kevin came to Vegas (he was already on his way here) and showed me the error of my ways.
      In the instructions, I do not have them in front of me, but when it says to put the transmitter one way or the other, make sure you are only changing the knob or stick that the leveler is on. Not the dive plane, but the planes that are worked by the leveler. In the instructions, I was moving my forward planes and not the rear planes. That part of the instructions is for the leveler to learn the full range of travel. If you do not do it correctly, the leveler will not move at all. If you search some of the old posts....or it may be in my Gato build, you will see this brought up.

Peace,
      Tom
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

The lights! The lights! Please share with us the lights! (They won't be right if there's a connector in backwards, but let's make sure we're all on the same page about what "proper" is.)
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• gogiantks
          Ensign
          • Oct 2015

I can't post

Comment

• gogiantks
            Ensign
            • Oct 2015

Well, I'll try again.<br />
            The ADF 2 has you go through the programming and confirms the next step by the number of blinks of the led. At the end of ballast fail safe it doesn't seem to exit the set up and return control to the transmitter stick. During programming the AD F will not drive the servos according to transmitter stick commands. Could I have a defective unit?

Comment

• gogiantks
              Ensign
              • Oct 2015

I forgot to say the no transmitter control during set up is normal.<br />
              Ken

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Ken,
                You're in good hands now that Kevin is involved. Keep us updated on what you find.
                Peace,
                Tom
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• KevinMc
                  Commander
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by gogiantks
                  Well, I'll try again.<br />
                  The ADF 2 has you go through the programming and confirms the next step by the number of blinks of the led. At the end of ballast fail safe it doesn't seem to exit the set up and return control to the transmitter stick. During programming the AD F will not drive the servos according to transmitter stick commands. Could I have a defective unit?
                  Hi Ken,

Yes, it's possible that you've got a defective unit, but I test each one before I put it in the package and I have a very low defect/return rate. Most of the issues I deal with turn out to be setup problems so please bear with me. If it's defective I'll make it right, but let's make sure it doesn't spend weeks in the postal system for no reason.

During the ADF setup the servos are not driven - that's just how it works.

1.) Before you get to the setup routine the ADF flashes the LED to show the results of a power on self test - this first flash is either RED or RED+GREEN. What do you see?
                  2.) After the POST the ADF flashes the LED two or three times to indicate how it's seeing the signal from the Rx. Please tell me what pattern you see.
                  3.) When the ADF finishes the setup routine the programme jumps back to the main operating section - what are you seeing that makes you think it's not exiting the setup routine?
                  4.) What transmitter, receiver, and power source (battery or ESC) are you using?

KMc
                  Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
                  KMc Designs

Comment

• gogiantks
                    Ensign
                    • Oct 2015

Hi,<br />
                    Thanks for the help. You all will love this. I had my trusty Futaba t9cap aircraft transmitter and a few rx's converted to surface frequency. Some are PCM (pulse code modulation)and some PPM, which is actually fm. I grabbed a pcm for the sub. You all know what's next. Thankfully as I went through the above checklist the little light went on over my head. PPM is actually not a true fm signal. Works great to prevent interference on a RV plane, not for the electronics in the sub world. Changed the rx, reset my TX to ppm and voila. It works perfect. Probably would have spun my wheels forever without the help of the forum and especially the designer, I can't access your name while writing this. Can't wait to water test the WTC and sea trials. Thanks to you and David for some great <br />
                    Stuff.<br />
                    Ken<br />
                    Ha

Comment

• gogiantks
                      Ensign
                      • Oct 2015

Thanks Kevin, just wanted to acknowledge you by name.<br />
                      Ken

Comment

• gogiantks
                        Ensign
                        • Oct 2015

I meant to say PCM is not a true FM signal.

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by gogiantks
                          Hi,<br />
                          Thanks for the help. You all will love this. I had my trusty Futaba t9cap aircraft transmitter and a few rx's converted to surface frequency. Some are PCM (pulse code modulation)and some PPM, which is actually fm. I grabbed a pcm for the sub. You all know what's next. Thankfully as I went through the above checklist the little light went on over my head. PPM is actually not a true fm signal. Works great to prevent interference on a RV plane, not for the electronics in the sub world. Changed the rx, reset my TX to ppm and voila. It works perfect. Probably would have spun my wheels forever without the help of the forum and especially the designer, I can't access your name while writing this. Can't wait to water test the WTC and sea trials. Thanks to you and David for some great <br />
                          Stuff.<br />
                          Ken<br />
                          Ha
                          Yes, I had nothing but trouble when I tried to use a PCM radio to run the Seaview. My Trusty Polk Tracker and Sombra SL-8 Receivers ended all of my radio problems.
                          IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

Working...