X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toppack
    Rear Admiral
    • Nov 2008

Vent and Blow Failsafe switches ?

If the ES-2 electronic-switch circuit (which has Failsafe built in) is used to control both Vent and Blow of the ballast tank, is it correct that I will Not need the failsafe function of a ADF pitch/failsafe circuit, also?
    Altho an experenced RC ship builder, This will be my first RC sub, so I'm learning.
    Thanks for the help,
    Last edited by toppack; 11-03-2008, 06:36 PM.
    Rick L.
    --------------------------------------------
    * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
    Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The vent and blow of the ballast tank is controlled by the servo mounted in the ballast tank bulkhead. If you operate a Snort Low Pressure Blower, then this will be operated by a SUB ES1 switch.

You will need an ADF to control the pitch of the REAR dive planes.

The ADF failsafe is connected to the ballast servo to operate it, blowing gas into the ballast tank in an emergency.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• toppack
      Rear Admiral
      • Nov 2008

Okay, now I've got it, I think. For some reason I was thinking the vent valve was a solonoid-valve operated by E-switch, not mechanically operated by servo.
      I guess with solonoid-valves there would be less ability of adjustment, than with servo-rods?
      Thanks,
      Last edited by toppack; 11-04-2008, 05:51 PM.
      Rick L.

Comment

• toppack
        Rear Admiral
        • Nov 2008

David,
        Now I remember where I got the Idea that a ES-2 E-switch should be used to operate the vent & blow (solonoid-valve & air-pump). On the 'Switches and Solonoids' page of the website it shows a schematic drawing of that being used.
        Is that the Snort-pump? If so, then If you are Not using a Snort-pump, only a ES-1 is needed for the system, but if adding the Snort the ES-1 needs to be changed to a ES-2? Is this correct?
        I'm still confused about the vent valve? Are there 2 vent valves when you add the snort-system? (main one activated by servo and one activated by E-switch?)
        Or is that drawing of a different system, than that used in your SD?
        It seems that a solonoid-valve would be more reliable and easier to install than a servo-linkage activated valve, altho there would be more battery current drain, used by the solonoid and E-switch?
        As you can tell, I'm confused, since I've not been able to watch the videos. :confused:
        Please Advise, I need to understand this before placing my order, to know what I need to order?
        See Link:
        Last edited by toppack; 11-04-2008, 10:00 PM.
        Rick L.

Comment

• toppack
          Rear Admiral
          • Nov 2008

David,
          I think you answered this question in another thread, so I think I understand about the different systems requirements now. It least I hope so. :D
          Last edited by toppack; 11-05-2008, 01:42 PM.
          Rick L.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by toppack
            David,
            I think you answered this question in another thread, so I think I understand about the different systems requirements now. It least I hope so. :D
            Just look on the gas end of the ballast system as a sub-system (that floods and blows dry the ballast tank at any depth) as separate and apart from the LPB which is another sub-system (used only to empty the ballast tank when near the surface).

The gas sub-system is servo controlled. The LPB sub-system is switch (mechanical or electronic) controlled.

Come on! ... it ain't that hard, folks!

David,
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• toppack
              Rear Admiral
              • Nov 2008

Maybe when I get the pile of parts in front of me it will 'All start Clicking'. :D
              Rick L.

Comment

Working...