Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Forum software Updated

My son Lance has just updated the VBulletin board to v.4.0.5 as the old board would not allow on to view a users profile.

I have also added a slot to your profile page entitled 'Your Real Name'. This helps me (and hopefully a few other poor ol' souls,) to remember who's who. We've had a flurry of 4-5 people register who are spam attackers, so this will help weed them out. I've deleted them from the database. Although this isn't compulsory, I'd appreciate it if you would fill it in.

By checking their IP address, you can usually tell if they are up to no good, so please keep an eye open for these guys and let me know if you spot anything suspicious.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Hi Mike,
    I just tried using "Reply with Quote" to a thread - was very much a shambles with text fonts size codes etc mashed into the text itself.

Not sure if this is part of the upgrade or not, but its more confusing than previously.
    Thanks
    J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Kazzer
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
      Hi Mike,
      I just tried using "Reply with Quote" to a thread - was very much a shambles with text fonts size codes etc mashed into the text itself.

Not sure if this is part of the upgrade or not, but its more confusing than previously.
      Thanks
      J
      Hmmm! I've just done the same thing - seems to work fine! Try it again please.
      Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kazzer
        Hmmm! I've just done the same thing - seems to work fine! Try it again please.
        Working fine with yours but Lothar's torpedo thread is where I struck the problem.

Thanks
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• ljcaswell
          Administrator
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Slats
          Hi Mike,

Thanks
          J
          That post was made in a weird font, which makes the quoting feature challenging. The old software would have done the same thing. Per the changelog for this version, there were no changes to the reply with quote feature.

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Ok thanks
            J
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...