X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Dive-in at the Lido 2010. Sunday October 10th

Date now confirmed for the first Brockwell Dive-in for 2010. Sunday October 10th 2010 10am start, 4pm finish. It's usual for most folk to turn up between 11 am and 2pm, so if you're a spectator, then that is the best time to show up.

I find the traffic in London on a Sunday is minimal providing you set off fairly early (before 10am). I tend to set off at about 9am and without burning rubber, get there by about 9:45am, and I live across the other side of the capital. Added to this, there is no congestion charge to pay.

The Lido cafeteria will be open and serves a wide range of breakfasts, snacks etc. They even have their own website, so take a look at the menu- http://www.thelidocafe.co.uk/

For the benefit of those who haven't attended an event here, Brockwell Lido is a superb Art Deco pool which underwent a very costly refurbishment about three years ago. It remains one of the few open air lidos that were once numerous in London. The pool is Olympic size at about 165 feet in length and about 80 feet wide, and is adequately sized for the largest of boats (even an Engel Typhoon gets a bit lost).

Advance payment is appreciated for all dive-ins, as it helps me budget and saves me rattling the tin on the day. I'd have loved them to remain free, but that decision was out of my hands. I can accept cheque or paypal, please contact me for details about how to pay, email preferred.

Hope to see you there!

Regards

Andy

Working...