• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bradv
    Ensign
    • Jun 2011

Australia - Central Coast SubRegatta - October 5th/6th 2013

Hi all R/C Sub enthusiasts,

It's back!! With the success of our inaugural Central Coast SubRegatta in June 2011, the Triple “S” Model Boat Group is making this a regular, biennial event held in odd years to complement the ACT SubRegatta in even years.

We invite all model submarine enthusiasts to join us for a great weekend of sailing and friendship, now held on the long weekend in October to take advantage of the warmer weather. The SubRegatta will again be held at the Gosford Olympic Pool on beautiful Brisbane Waters.

The flyer with registration form is available at http://triple-s.org.au/2013_SubRegatta_flyer.pdf

We look forward to having a great weekend with you!

UPDATE

I've been kindly informed that due to a big RAN event over the same weekend as our Central Coast SubRegatta, accommodation around the greater Sydney region is filling up fast. I've now called the Galaxy Motel in Gosford who have verified that the Saturday night in particular is very busy for them. So if you're planning on coming, I'd suggest booking accommodation ASAP - several options close to the pool are listed in the flyer.
    Last edited by Bradv; 03-12-2013, 11:36 PM. Reason: Accommodation update
    Brad
    Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Ah you beat me too it Brad.

This is a Superb weekend guys. Non stop sailing, good humour, the occasional torpedo shot, a whole 50m pool to ourselves, beer, food, information sessions, the lot.
    Its a Killjoy free zone too.

For people abroad - plan your Australian Vacation time now to coincide with this great event. Pool location is just about an hour North of Sydney.
    The Australian Spring weather is not too hot and most days are moderate conditions around 22 degrees C / 71.6 F
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• alad61
      Commander
      • Jan 2012

I already have my holidays booked and the good wife is making plans to head to Sydney for some retail therapy. As for me, I can't wait to get my boats below periscope depth and be able to see them!!!
      Cheers,
      Alec.

Reality is but a dream...
      But to dream is a reality

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by alad61
        I already have my holidays booked and the good wife is making plans to head to Sydney for some retail therapy. As for me, I can't wait to get my boats below periscope depth and be able to see them!!!
        You're going to love it mate. This pool has (well at least last time we sailed there) zero signal dead spots. The 50m pool really allows you to crank the throttle, and you have abundant depth to play with.

I'll be booking into the Hotel the Triple S guys stay at (listed on the flyer). We normally eat together there as they have an RSL club attached too it. Saturday night last time we had Pizza's in one of the larger rooms and Jim and I got out the black board for a group discussion.

Be fantastic to see you there.

J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
        Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

Working...