X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anuci
    Banned
    • Aug 2008

2012 International Plastic Modelers Society

While visiting Disney World this past weekend, I stumbled upon the 2012 IPMS Convention which was held this year at the Contemporary hotel located within the park, at Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
    There was quite an assortment of models, and various Dioramas on display. Many I suspect made available thu the various plastic model kit companies, although many of the builders put much more into their particular build efforts as they competed for trophies and other special awards.
    Here is a sneak-peek at some of those projects as displayed. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anuci; 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM.
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

I'm amazed at the amount of submarines exhibited.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• herrmill
      Commander
      • Dec 2008

Sunset Center for Fine Scale Modeling

Al, since you live in the area you'll want to visit the Sunset Center for Fine Scale Modeling in Pasco. I happened across a thread about this place that was founded by a group of model train enthusiasts with deep pockets who were looking for a permanent home for their large layouts. They have been open a year & hold an open house from 10-4 on the third Sunday of every month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Suncoast Center FSM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	76325 Click image for larger version

Name:	201312411147_shay model.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	76323 Click image for larger version

Name:	2013123232146_m10 over all shot.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	76324

Comment

• Anuci
        Banned
        • Aug 2008

Thanks Chuck,
        Sounds like a plan, appreciate you taking the time to post the info. I will definitely want to check it out. Incredible modeling work done by some of those guys.

Regards,
        Al,

Comment

• herrmill
          Commander
          • Dec 2008

Take lots of photos for me. I've already got it bookmarked for the next trip to FLA.

Comment

• Anuci
            Banned
            • Aug 2008

I'm amazed at the amount of submarines exhibited.

I too was surprised to see so many subs. However, I was actually hoping to see an R/C sub like the one Gene Berger brought to a local IPMS show in Va. where he lives.

The presentation I attended was advertised as their Annual Convention, and while the show itself was nice, I guess I was looking to see some larger scale models with working accessories and such displayed.
            The 1/72 scale Gato and U-boats were no doubt a big hit for Revell as there were quite a few of them shown in one form or another.
            I've actually seen those particular subs displayed as static models at both the American Legion post here in Venice, Fl. and at the Military Heritage Museum located at Fishermans Village, in Punta Gorda, Florida.
            Nothing like those WWll subs, IMO.
            Last edited by Anuci; 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Anuci
              Banned
              • Aug 2008

Absolutely! it will be the first order of business, Chuck.
              Last edited by Anuci; 02-22-2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...