Calling all submariners in the PNW (Washington state area)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schmitty1944
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2021

Calling all submariners in the PNW (Washington state area)

Sorry for the short notice. This coming up Saturday June 24th my RC club is hosting our Boats and Floats event at Hughes lake in Monroe WA. There is a fantastic spot for running submarines with an L shaped dock and usually good visibility all the way to the bottom. I'm usually the only one there with subs but I got permission to invite anyone who wants to join us. It's a beautiful private location. There are recovery boats available if you need it. I will be going to the lake in a couple days and will check the clarity of the water and get some pictures. This is primarily a RC flying club that also does boats, cars, tanks etc. The guys flying float/sea planes and high speed boats use the dock a little further down from where I run subs so are not a problem.

Clubs web site:

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Schmitty1944
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Mar 2021

Here are a few a few pictures from previous years at Hughes lake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sm1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	171576

Name:	sm2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	171577

Name:	sm3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	171578

Looking back at the shore from the dock.

Name:	sm4.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	171579

Comment

• Schmitty1944
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Mar 2021

I went to the lake today to cut weeds etc. The water conditions are nice. Water is very clear. Not much vegetation in the area I normally use. I realize this was very short notice so I wasn't expecting much response . There is another opportunity to run subs here in late summer (September 9th). It really is a great spot for subs. Here are a few pics from today:

Click image for larger version  Name:	em1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	171738

Click image for larger version  Name:	em2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	171739

Click image for larger version  Name:	em3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.2 KB ID:	171740

View from the tower on the beach. This is a neat and different perspective to run your sub from.

Jason
      Last edited by Schmitty1944; 06-22-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

Looks fun! This would be a great place to run at.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Fishb0y
          Lieutenant
          • Jul 2023

Originally posted by Schmitty1944
          I went to the lake today to cut weeds etc. The water conditions are nice. Water is very clear. Not much vegetation in the area I normally use. I realize this was very short notice so I wasn't expecting much response . There is another opportunity to run subs here in late summer (September 9th). It really is a great spot for subs. Here are a few pics from today
          I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'd like to head out there on the September 9th!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

Comment

• Schmitty1944
            Lieutenant Commander
            • Mar 2021

I will post an update when it gets closer. The land (and lake) belong to the boy scouts. My flying club leases part of the property where we have a huge runway, car race track and tank battleground. The scout rangers give us access to the lake when possible. In the middle of summer (now) camp is in session and they are using the lake and docks so it is not available.

Jason

Comment

Working...