X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Dive-in at the Lido 2011. Sunday March 27th

The date for the first Brockwell Lido Dive-in is now confirmed with the pool manager as Sunday 27th March 2011.

This is a week before the pool is due to reopen to swimmers, so fingers crossed, we should get mill pond conditions to sail on (in?).

As in the past Brockwell Lido features it's own cafe, which is a cut above most, serving very nice food and refreshments throughout the day.

Take a peek at their website for menus etc.- http://www.thelidocafe.co.uk/

Hope to see you there!

Andy

• Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

This was a splendid day, with fantastic weather. I was little concerned when I first got up as early on in the morning, things were looking decidedly grey, and it was quite chilly. However the sun soon got his hat on, and by about 11 'o'clock most of us were down to our short sleeves.

We had about thirteen attend on the day and about seventeen boats present with a steady stream of spectators throughout the day. Now looking forward to the Summer Dive-in, which is held at St Albans in Hertfordshire. This is weekend long event, with 6 hour sailing slots each day. The pool is a bit smaller than Brockwell, but at 100ftx60ft and a 9ft deep end is still more than big enough to accommodate large boats.

The following photographs were taken by Roy Palmer and were shot towards the end of the day. Other photos and video should follow, and will hopefully be added to this thread. No film or pictures from me I'm afraid- I was kept a little busy to take any pictures this time around.

Andy

Comment

• Mankster
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Apr 2009

Some more pics...

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Comment

• Subculture