X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Sub Regatta Central Coast NSW AUSTRALIA June 2011

There is a fantastic Sub Regatta held in the ACT every two years and hosted by the ACT Model boat club.
    Now there is a new complimentary event for the in between years.

Triple S Model boat club in association with a small band of hardcore sub modelers are proud to announce that commencing in June 2011, there is a Sub Regatta on the NSW Central Coast.
    This could eventually be held every two years, enabling submariners to have access to, along with the ACT Sub Regattas, a dedicated Australian Sub Regatta every year.
    We see this as an instrumental move in boosting the hobby in this part of the world.

Planning has been in the pipeline for many months and as you can see by the attached information flier its bound to be a ripper of an event.
    We have an entire 50m swimming pool for our exclusive use, and the complete permission by the pool management, council, and Triple S insurers, for the use of various modeler's non explosive VLS systems and torpedoes.

The 50m pool with no other pool users will easily accommodate flank bell runs. Personally I can't wait for another Crazy Ivan run with Jim Russell - how many times have you lost your SSN sail Jim?
    I cannot wait for Brad Van Epp's Typhoon, (formerly Carl Linkenbagh's), and it's enormous screws to hit full RPM over some distance!

The official flier only came through tonight but I understand we already have 5 firm bookings / registrations from QLD and 3 from NSW. We have tried to cover as many bases as possible, food, accommodation, -the works, so have a read and check it out.

Should be a great event and we can only hope to try and emulate the great times had by the superb hospitality and management of ACT hosted Subregatta's.

The event is open to all those modelers with radio controlled model submarines of any scale. If you are interested please see the attached information flier herein about registration and fees payable.

A big thank you to Dr David Batagol for lots of hard work to make this event possible.

Please note this Event has nothing to do whatsoever with Task Force 72.

John

Last edited by Slats; 11-10-2010, 07:53 PM.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Looks good. Looks to be about 2 hours north of Sydney. Will look into dates and see if i can tie it in with soemthing else. I have a customer up in Newcastle, but i should really be seeing them earlier in the year ;)
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

June is in the middle of the Australian winter isn't it?

Probably an improvement on our Summer mind you.

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
        Looks good. Looks to be about 2 hours north of Sydney. Will look into dates and see if i can tie it in with soemthing else. I have a customer up in Newcastle, but i should really be seeing them earlier in the year ;)
        Albion,
        yep about 2 hours North of Sydney's international Airport.
        If your coming let me know and I'll see what I can assist you with.

Best
        J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
          June is in the middle of the Australian winter isn't it?

Probably an improvement on our Summer mind you.
          Hi Andy,
          its the start of winter. So yes it will be cool, but not what I'd call Cold. Sydney tends to be miserable about 6-8 weeks later. Central Coast is a bit warmer than Sydeny by a degree or two.
          We tend to have a very hot summer and a warm and comfortable autumn.
          Like Albion, if you want to come I'll make every effort to help you at this end.

Yes - your right about England's summer - the few times I have been in the UK in your summer, its what I'd call overall coolish conditions you get glimpses of hot and warm, but nothing what I am use to here as summer conditions.

Best
          J
          Last edited by Slats; 11-11-2010, 07:50 PM.
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

The height of Summer would be uncomfortable for me- I suffer from prickly heat in very hot temperatures and would be your de facto 'whingeing pome'. If I was to attend, it would be factored into a holiday- it's a bit of a trek just for the weekend.

Comment

• Slats
              Vice Admiral
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
              The height of Summer would be uncomfortable for me- I suffer from prickly heat in very hot temperatures and would be your de facto 'whingeing pome'. If I was to attend, it would be factored into a holiday- it's a bit of a trek just for the weekend.
              Its still a nice time of the year to come, be like a London Spring day - scratch that like a London "average" summer day. You can expect temps just below 20 degrees C - colder first thing in the morning. Sydney - close by gets colder and miserable soon after mid June, but the top end and QLD you can expect warmer temps throughout winter in the mid to high 20's C. So yes do come, you would be very very welcome - and a nice time (cheaper too) for an Aussie holiday. We will keep the Pomie jokes under control, you can always give us some stick over how crap we have become at Cricket and Rugby.

Now if we could only get Merriman and Caswell out here too!?

J
              John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
                • Aug 2008

Careful what you ask for!

David,
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugrat
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Jun 2010

For all you UV starved sailors, the weather around this time of year is perfect for sailing. Not too hot and if gets cold well you just rug up.

Slats travel description is right - couple of hours from Sydney airport. Only a few sets of traffic lights and then you are on a freeway heading upto to the Central Coast. For those not confident of driving on the "right" side of the road, several aiport bus services do the trip.

If you do come out earlier for this event, the St George Model Boat Club in Sydney, is celebrating its 25th year and you are most welcome to attend our regatta in mid May.

Lately I have been travelling with my ebay purchases ( targets) I was fortunate to be travelling near the seller. With a little foresight you can travel with your sub and be operational in no time. I bubble wrapped my purchases, gaffer taped them to the cradle and placed large printed notices " Fragile, Top Load Only " on them.

The only damage was a few bent pins and that was due to me.

The only issues that you would have are the Gas propelant ( not able to be shipped) but can be sourced here and that your TX. 72/76 meg are definite no/nos as this freq is in use by the aviation industry.

Given that the Pope can visit us, will we see Merriman?

I know that I would not be the sole person wishing to "vent " with him

Comment

• Slats
                    Vice Admiral
                    • Aug 2008

Thanks Geoff (yep that's the Tugrat). Its going to be a great w/end. Its a heck of a long way to come to Australia for those even contemplating it, let me know your plans if you'd like to do so and I'll do all I can to help out. There will be plenty of subs in pit lane, and I am sure if you came subless it would not take long to find yourself getting some stick time. Practically - given the massive distance, and cost, its probably an event for OS visitors to dove tail with a holiday (vacation) in Australia.

Yeah we do drive on the left - which is the right side.
                    J
                    John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Albion
                      Captain
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Slats
                      Yeah we do drive on the left - which is the right side.
                      J
                      What frequency do you use?

The left is the correct side!! http://users.telenet.be/worldstandar...the%20left.htm
                      I understand that Ireland are planning to switch to the right. From 1st April next year all commercial vehicles will switch to the right , and if this is a success the following week, cars will also drive on the right.
                      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Slats
                        Vice Admiral
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
                        What frequency do you use?

The left is the correct side!! http://users.telenet.be/worldstandar...the%20left.htm
                        I understand that Ireland are planning to switch to the right. From 1st April next year all commercial vehicles will switch to the right , and if this is a success the following week, cars will also drive on the right.

26 Mhz, 27 Mhz, 28 Mhz, 29 Mhz, 35 Mhz, 36 Mhz, 40 Mhz, 41 Mhz
                        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Davidh
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2010

Gosford subregatta

Hi all,

Paid and ready to go.

This time I really will ask Brad if the Gotland can hitch a ride on the Typhoon!

looking forward to it!

David h

Comment

• Slats
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Aug 2008

Your Gotland is almost DSRV size for that monster.
                            I was wondering if Brad uses the Typhoon as roof box.
                            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

Just seen Brads post on this over on the Sub Com forum and seen that it's held on 11th and 12th June, which unfortunately clashes with the Summer Dive-in; can't duck out of that one- I'm the organiser!. Maybe 2013, John!

Andy

Comment

Working...