X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Sombra labs rx question

I just received my SL-8 thinking the instructions would tell me how to set it for channel 72 which is the channel my Robbe F-14 TX uses. Reading the instructions it looks like I need to purchase a Shadow Programmer. I know it's only about $20 but is this the only way to set the RX to channel 72?

SSBN659
  • SSBN659
    Commander
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SSBN659
    I just received my SL-8 thinking the instructions would tell me how to set it for channel 72 which is the channel my Robbe F-14 TX uses. Reading the instructions it looks like I need to purchase a Shadow Programmer. I know it's only about $20 but is this the only way to set the RX to channel 72?

SSBN659
    OK, Somebody out there must have an answer to my question.

SSBN659

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

The Sombra Labs SL-8 has a AFS (Automatic Frequency Scanner). Your RX will see your TX and set up automatically or automagically. Here is what I have on that.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Aluminaut research submarine 105.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	76206
      Not the easiest to read. If it is too hard let me know and I will convert this to text and repost.
      Last edited by trout; 02-12-2013, 12:57 AM.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Thanks Trout, I had forgotten about that. I always use the Shadow.
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• SSBN659
          Commander
          • Feb 2009

Many thanks, I knew there was an answer out there somewhere. I have the same page that came with the RX but zeroed in on the Shadow Programmer and read no further. Now I'll get out the magnifying glass.

SSBN659

Comment

Working...