Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Tugfan
    This whole debacle is why I don't buy anything directly from China.

No, don't put this issue on the Chinese, Tugfan. The blame goes to me.

I failed to get the Caswell catalog listing right, and did not work with the good people at Caswell (an outfit working out of Lyon, New York) to get straight the differences between the three sized SKIPJACK's they sell. And that was the source of confusion that resulted in your receiving the wrong SKIPJACK fittings kit. We're working to straighten your order out, Tugfan. Please be patient with us.

The only Chinese involvement in this matter is this: they are the good people who produce the Moebius kit parts and do the packaging specific to that plastic model kit -- which is an EXCELLENT product. The fittings kit is a home-grown product, produced by me, of which the Chinese have no involvement. Your problem is with me, not the Chinese or, by extension, Moebius.

David
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
      Lieutenant Commander
      • Nov 2010

You misunderstand my post 'ol wise one. I've heard of several people, who ordered kits from China vendors, only to wait years and sometimes never receiving their stuff. I haven't a problem with the fittings I ordered. I know they will be here in due time. Now get back to work, I hear Mike with the whip.

Comment

• Aug 2008

(ducking the Masters savage lashings frantically, just to make these few words)

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, there have been a few bad-players out of China. Gotcha now, Tugfan. Would one of those bad-guys go by the name Feng?

... back to the Cave!

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
          (ducking the Masters savage lashings frantically, just to make these few words)

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, there have been a few bad-players out of China. Gotcha now, Tugfan. Would one of those bad-guys go by the name Feng?

... back to the Cave!

David
          Foshan Feng I believe is one of a few. All talk, no show.

Comment

• Aug 2008

In Feng's defense: I understand that he is one hell of a model-builder and has some very nice product. His shortcoming (as was mine before I hooked up with Caswell) is in running a business. Poor customer service, missed deadlines, incomplete or poor quality fill of orders, etc.

That's what's so tough about this game -- to be commercially successful you first have to be one hell of a model-maker AND you have to posses good business sense and practices. Hard to find those two commodities in a single person. In my case, thank God for Caswell -- I was floundering before that hook-up.

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Tugfan
              Lieutenant Commander
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
              In Feng's defense: I understand that he is one hell of a model-builder and has some very nice product. His shortcoming (as was mine before I hooked up with Caswell) is in running a business. Poor customer service, missed deadlines, incomplete or poor quality fill of orders, etc.

That's what's so tough about this game -- to be commercially successful you first have to be one hell of a model-maker AND you have to posses good business sense and practices. Hard to find those two commodities in a single person. In my case, thank God for Caswell -- I was floundering before that hook-up.

David
              I can't go to China and slap around the guy that owes me a $1000 hull for 2 years. Besides, you always came through even though sometimes late. You also gave away too much free stuff to the hard luck cases. But I'm sure Caswell has cracked the whip on that ****.

Comment

• herrmill
                Commander
                • Dec 2008

If it is, indeed, Feng of Arkmodel you are referring, he's currently up in Cleveland at the iHobby Expo if you want to talk to him face-to-face. Show ends tomorrow afternoon so you'd better grab a large coffee & fill up the car for that long drive up north.

To make sure everyone is clear... Feng (Arkmodel) is from Hangzhou, Liao (Tian Jie), Foshan & Kuang (KY Model) in Zhuhai.

Comment

Working...