Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Sub-driver Operating & maintenance Instructions

These documents specifically mentions the Moebius Seaview model.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • mickelsen
    Lieutenant
    • Aug 2008

I agree. These documents are great! But I have a question. You mention a "battery protection circuit". I've never heard of this before. Could you tell me where I can find one of these? I don't think I've ever seen before.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hope is a harsh mistress!
    Mark

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by mickelsen
      I agree. These documents are great! But I have a question. You mention a "battery protection circuit". I've never heard of this before. Could you tell me where I can find one of these? I don't think I've ever seen before.

Thanks,
      Mark
      Lithium-polymer batteries are easily damaged if their voltage drops below a specific value. Battery protection circuitry is built into most ESC's that are powered by this type battery (you find them predominantly in the RTF planes on the market today). The battery protection circuit either chops the ESC 'throttle' or does something else to indicate to you the low-voltage condition has been met.

We will soon be taking delivery of a custom battery protection circuit engineered by the same guy who built for us the ADF and soon to be marketed, LPB electronic switch (a very small unit that solders directly to the after face of the LPB motor!).

Soon to be available through Caswell Inc.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• SteveJ
        Lieutenant
        • Aug 2008

I was just wondering about the springs you have attached to the prop shafts.
        They dont appear in the seaview dvd.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

I had a word with Merriman and he said these springs are mentioned as an option in his article on the Seaview.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• SteveJ
            Lieutenant
            • Aug 2008

I noticed that my forward bulkhead doesnt have the recessed area for the main power switch as shown. Was this something added to later production seaview SDs? Do I need to make one?

Comment

• Kazzer
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SteveJ
              I noticed that my forward bulkhead doesnt have the recessed area for the main power switch as shown. Was this something added to later production seaview SDs? Do I need to make one?

There have been a couple of minor modifications to products, and I think this was one.

A toggle switch with a rubber boot is pretty easy to install. I think McMaster Carr sells them for a few bucks. Just drill the right sized hole and silicone the switch into place.

Comment

Working...