• Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Permatex SPRAY N SEAL seals WTC cracks

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTX-82099..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	99916

I found a can of this in our warehouse yesterday and decided to give it a try on a WTC cylinder to see if it reacted favorably. Once before, I sprayed a some electrical contact cleaner inside a cylinder after I'd sunk a boat ( I know - again) with disastrous results. The Lexan crumbled in minutes, much like a smashed windshield. I could have poked my finger through the crazing it was so loose. I fixed it by coating the inside of the cylinder with a windshield repair product (Permatex) used for repairing chips in windshields.

After that scarey encounter, I thought it best to use caution. I sprayed this material onto the cylinder, applying two coats with a 15 minute gap, then left it overnight. On inspection, the material had NOT reacted with the Lexan, and had formed a hard rubbery seal over the areas I sprayed. I wished I'd masked up the areas to provide a neater job, as it did dull up the cylinder and look a little goopy, but overall I feel this is a winner for cracks and crazes.

Of course, this isn't going to cure a defective seal, but it could easily cure a leak in the seal housing. I'm sure I can find a few other jobs for it around the vehicles and home. I think its a winner. Hopefully, it will be on the web page shortly.

Permatex Spray'n'Seal Leak Repair, a sprayable sealer that forms a durable rubber barrier that stop leaks in minutes. The wicking action seals hard-to-reach leaks without the need for disassembling or removing parts.

Designed specifically to target low pressure leaks in hoses, oil pans, differentials, transmission pans, as well as plastic, PVC and metal pipes, their connections and much more!Eliminates the need for liquid additive sealers that can swell and foul internal seals.
    Resists common shop fluids.
    Packaged with extra spray nozzle and straw attachment.

Note: In many cases, more than one coat will be needed to solve the leak problem.
    Suggested Applications:Engine and transmission leaks
    Hoses
    Oil pans
    Differentials
    Transmission pans
    Cooling systems
    Thermostats
    Water pumps
    Valve covers
    Tubing connections
    Electrical harness connectors
    Plastics
    PVC
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
Working...