Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

When I look at the S/D's for the type II the thread states the type II uses a 1.25" S/D. My extra S/D I currently have is for a type VII and I believe is a 2" S/D so it's not going to work. When I look at Caswell S/D's the only 1.25" I see looks like the one used on the skipjack. Have I got this right or am I lost again.

jack

Comment

• Outrider
      Commander
      • Aug 2008

You have it right, the Type VII driver won't work. The 1:72 Type II hull needs a 1.25 inch SubDriver. At the moment, the only production 1.25 inch unit is the one adapted to the 1:232 Revell Skipjack.

The Type II project is just an "on the list" item. David has posted some photos of 1.25 inch drivers adapted to different applications, such as the Special Navy Type II. (These are just test fits, if I recall correctly.) He's also looked at adapting the 1.25 inch driver to some 1:144 kits, such as the Revell Type 214 and the Type 212. Some of the work is pretty far along, such as his work on the Type 214. Others potential 1.25 inch SD applications are just "on the list," awaiting either the Wiz to get some spare time or the Witch to conjure up an order.
      Last edited by Outrider; 01-30-2011, 11:55 PM. Reason: Never post from your phone.

Comment

• pjdog
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

Sorry guys. I hate being the dumb guy on the forum but I can't find "David has posted some photos of 1.25 inch drivers adapted to different applications, such as the Special Navy Type II".
        I looked in the cabal reports but could only find the 212 or the 214 but no type II 1.25 stuff. Can you point me in the right direction.

Problem I have is the 212 and 214 are single screw were the type II is a twin screw? How does David Merriman figure this out
        jack
        Last edited by pjdog; 01-31-2011, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Outrider
          Commander
          • Aug 2008

The photo in question is pretty basic, showing the partially assembled cylinder sitting inside some of the hulls that are likely candidates for David's SubDriver. It's post #9 on the "New 1/144 Revell sub r/c conversion packages for 2010," which is under the cabal reports heading on the first page.

I think one of these photos is a Type VII in 1:144 (could be another odd scale like 1:125). It's not a Type II in 1:72, but I'm pretty sure if the SubDriver fit in the small Type VII in the photo, it would fit in a 1:72 Type II. Here's one example which shows a two shaft SubDriver sitting in a 1:144 Revell Type 212:

There's a two shaft SubDriver in the photo series...sitting in a Typhoon and another in an Oscar.

Regrettably, there is but one Wizard, and many kits buried in the rotation.
          Last edited by Outrider; 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Working...