Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The First Torpedo Firing Pool Toy - 1:72 Type XXIII

The D&E German U Boot Type XXIII at 1:72 scale is the perfect model for swimming pools, and the first in our fleet to come complete with a torpedo system.
    The build skills required for this model are minimal, making this the perfect ‘beginners project’.

The kit comprises:

Injection molded hull
    1.25” Sub-driver (with Snort Ballast System)
    ADF Angle Driver and Failsafe
    2 x Lipo Batteries and Charger
    1 x Nano Speed Controller
    1 x Torpedo Launcher (Mechanical)
    3 x Torpedoes
    Small Snort System (Air Pump and Controller)

D&E Fittings Kit comprising -
    Rudder
    Dive Planes
    Propeller
    Propeller shaft
    Prop shaft connector
    Push rods
    3 Micro Servos
    Build Instructions

Cost $495.00

Radio system required.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	99825
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Mike,

I take it from the description including an "injection molded hull" that your price includes the Special Navy XXIII kit or is it the Anlager one? In either case, I already have the Special Navy kit so what would be the price without the kit?

Dan
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Outrider
      Commander
      • Aug 2008

The kit in the photo is the Alanger Type XXIII. The Special Navy kit's conning tower is molded separately. In some earlier discussion with David, he thought the Alanger kit may be easier to work with. I know for sure that he thought it sufficient for R/C purposes. The S/N kit is the more accurate, but that's not the only consideration. (And the difference may not be that great. The Alanger is not a Lindberg...) I'd wait and see the cabal reports or the instructions before deciding which kit to use. (But it's a pretty safe bet that the kit in the package will work well with everything else.)

See this thread for some useful info on the Type XXIII:

Comment

• roedj
        Captain
        • Sep 2008

OK, Thanks for the info but the question remains. Can I purchase this package without the sub model as I already have the Special Navy version. If so, what is the price?

Dan
        Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
          OK, Thanks for the info but the question remains. Can I purchase this package without the sub model as I already have the Special Navy version. If so, what is the price?

Dan
          Yes you can. I priced it with the Alanger kit in as it was less expensive, but folks seem to prefer the Special Navy one. I have some on order, so I should be able to work something out in the next few days. Email me or PM me to get on the list please.
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...