Revell Type VII Fittings Kit Available Soon!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Revell Type VII Fittings Kit Available Soon!

I came up with a rough prototype of this geared system, which I hacked together in my basement model butcher shop, and then sent my pitiful work to His Eminence, who, as you can see, perfected it.

The VII Sub-driver is available now, and the Fittings Kit will be available in about 3 weeks.

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Outrider
    Commander
    • Aug 2008

Mike,

Will you update the Caswell site soon so we can order the new widgets? I bought in early for my son and have the driver, the model, the "basic" fittings kit, and the weights (early version without lead foil).

I'll need to get the foam blocks and the advanced/refined fittings to complete the set.

Thanks for following through with this one--I think it will be a lot of fun to finish this project.

Comment

• toppack
      Rear Admiral
      • Nov 2008

I knew there was a reason I didn't finish my Type-VII, but didn't realize until now that I was waiting for 'Something Special', a new Fittings Kit.:D
      I can wait a little longer for the gearing mods, tho.
      I had planned to use a L shaped arm on one rudder-shaft, with short link to other rudder-shaft, which is the way I've always done twin rudder linkage, but the 3 gear setup should be a much neater and precise way of doing it, in that tight space. :) I Like It!
      Last edited by toppack; 04-02-2009, 04:23 PM.
      Rick L.
      --------------------------------------------
      * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
      Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

Working...