X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Conductive Paint

I am thinking of carrying this material at Caswell Inc

Young or old, beginner or expert – Bare Conductive has created a unique collection of products for anyone with an interest in electronics. The company’s printed electronics technology means anyone can bring their ideas to life. And, with OKdo, it couldn’t be easier to get started. Bare Collective Electric Paint is a water-based, conductive paint that you can use to build a circuit or touch sensor. It can be applied to almost any material and can be used with a host of PCBs, components and microcontrollers – including Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Don’t have time to wait for Bare Collective Electric Paint to dry? No problem – you can test any ideas quickly with Bare Conductive Printed Sensors. As sensors, they can be customised to fit a specific application. Each Bare Conductive Printed Sensor has 16 exposed nodes for hooking up other boards and clips. With OKdo, you also have the option to go bigger. Create a dynamic wall or mural with a Bare Conductive Interactive Wall Kit. Or think outside the box with the Bare Conductive Touch Board Pro Kit. With these innovative products, you can transform the way you look at electronics. Bare Conductive

Does anyone see any potential in the model submarine arena?
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Mike,
    Very creative and interesting.
    It would be a great way to get "wires" to those very tiny LEDs. Any idea of the resistance? Does this one have silver in it? What is the shelf life once open?
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• crazygary
      Captain
      • Sep 2012

Looks like a definite "game changer"!!

Stock away, Mike!!

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Pretty lossy going by the datasheet. Low draw applications only.

Tools to transform your world. Paint an interactive mural, create a smart prototype, lead a creative workshop. Bring your project to life with our electrically conductive paint, hardware, and kits.

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
          Pretty lossy going by the datasheet. Low draw applications only.

http://www.bareconductive.com/file/2...ctricpaint-pdf
          My main purpose for engaging this material was for PCBs and the like. I have started to carry MG Chemicals line of boards, developers and etch materials, so this seemed a natural. MGC also have a number of silver repair solders etc. I honestly can't see too many applications for submarines, but if you don't put the goods on the shelf, they'll rot in the warehouse!

I am also working on a new kit for photo etching using cupric acid etc. My main difference is the tank, and I 'hope' to have it operating by spraying the etch onto the boards or brass sheets. It should be faster and less problematic that ferric chloride, which is messy to use and a pig to ship.

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
            Mike,
            Very creative and interesting.
            It would be a great way to get "wires" to those very tiny LEDs. Any idea of the resistance? Does this one have silver in it? What is the shelf life once open?
            Peace,
            Tom
            Yes it has silver in it. Seems to have an indefinite shelf life, but that would depend on the storage conditions once opened. I think this is water based.

Comment

• crazygary
              Captain
              • Sep 2012

According to the manufacturers information, this material will handle up to 12 VDC.
              Not too shabby, since most of our modeling applications are less than that!!

Extremely usefull for very small units, such as "Trouts" Aluminaut!!! Small diameter hull tube
              and in need of numerous internal components. The less internal wire, the more room for essential
              parts!!

Just sayin'!!

Comment

• trout
                Admiral
                • Jul 2011

Gary,
                I played with the cheaper carbon version of the paint for the aluminum and the results were less than spectacular. The resistance was a huge factor in not using it. For small distances it worked, but when I drew out longer lines it just did not work well at all. Then adhesion was another issue. It flaked off so easily that it was frustrating. I found that the pastes/pens with silver were much better, but the professional ones were big dollars (or Pounds) and the shelf life was 6 months or less. Since I would not use it in enough quantities or in that short time frame, I abandoned the idea.
                Peace,
                Tom
                If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Subculture
                  Admiral
                  • Feb 2009

If you want very fine electrical connections, then check out litz wire. This stuff is heavily used in the micro aeroplane field.

Comment

• trout
                    Admiral
                    • Jul 2011

Learn something new and I can use this tip! Thank you!

Comment

• crazygary
                      Captain
                      • Sep 2012

Thanks, Tom!!

With regard to that conductive paint, it would appear that
                      "all that glitters is not gold"!! Hah!!

Now, the Litz wire seems worth checking out! Thanks, Subculture!!

Comment

• Buellman1
                        Lieutenant
                        • Mar 2013

If the goal is this flat concealable wire. I'd suggest copper foil tape. Used for stained glass and very successful as the traces for home made slot car tracks. Has an adhesive back, takes solder well and is mere thousandths thick. Widths vary, but I bet you could slice it even narrower if you like.

Comment

Working...