X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

1/72 Revell Type IX C - Announced - Due in stores November 2013

This is a nice sized sub some 1063mm (almost 42") long. Much bigger than the Type VII.

David and Mike, I'm sure you'll have a SAS subdriver for this and no doubt an resin RC upgrade kit in the works. The beam will be 90mm or a little more than 3.55".

J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

The GATO SD looks like a good fit, but I won't know till I operate a type-9 with it to insure there is enough ballast tank to yank that monster up to designed waterline.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
      The GATO SD looks like a good fit, but I won't know till I operate a type-9 with it to insure there is enough ballast tank to yank that monster up to designed waterline.
      Yep - figured the Gato SD would be good, but the Type 9 will be around 10" shorter. Nonetheless its good that Revell are continuing to build larger scale plastic kits. They tend to do so with a high degree of accuracy, and they must know that quite a few of there 1/72 scale offerings end up as RC projects.

J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
        Vice Admiral
        • Aug 2008

The Type 9 for those who want one fast, can be pre-ordered from this German hobby store:

I have pre-ordered new Revell releases from them before, and you normally get the goods ahead of most major shops by a matter of couple of months.
        Outside the EU you won't pay Value added taxes, and I have found shipping between Germany and Australia with them to be very reasonable.

J
        John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

• herrmill
          Commander
          • Dec 2008

Thanks John. I need another sub kit like a hole in my head which means I'll probably get one anyways since I've always been a fan of the Type IX

Just watching the old Discover Channel program on the capture of U-505. Highly recommended if you can locate the DVD or able to download the torrent.

On June 4, 1944, with World War II still raging across Europe, Captain Daniel Gallery and his men of
          the U.S. Naval Task Force 22.3 did the nearly impossible - they captured a German U-boat. It was the
          first enemy man-of-war captured in battle on the high seas by the U.S. Navy since 1815.
          Climb aboard the historic U-505 and relive its journey from a powerhouse of the German fleet to a
          display at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. Witness exclusive interviews with both
          German and American crew members involved in the capture of the U-505. And view even rarer footage
          of Captain Daniel Gallery and Harold Lange, Captain of the U-505 at the time of its capture.

EZTV, your one stop source for all your favorite TV shows. FREE downloads! Watch more TV Series than ever. EZTV is releasing daily new episodes. SAFE!

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by herrmill
            Thanks John. I need another sub kit like a hole in my head which means I'll probably get one anyways since I've always been a fan of the Type IX

Just watching the old Discover Channel program on the capture of U-505. Highly recommended if you can locate the DVD or able to download the torrent.

http://eztv.it/forum/29119/dc-attack...id-ac3/#193385
            Thanks Chuck, if I was ever going to build a U-boat, it would be either the Type IX or XXI.

J
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...