Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Ballast Kits - They're back!

We've started to produce our little ballast kits again. The first one out of the stable is for the Revell Type VII!

We've now improved the production technique of the foam inserts, and they are more robust. The trick was to use Gladwrap in the mold prior to pouring, instead of release agent/wax. So there is no wax on the product and the excess foam acts as packaging.
    You'll need to trim this off with a utility knife, and then sand the flat side to allow the Sub-driver to fit in.

This kit comes with a block of pink foam and a strip of lead sheet to do your final trimming. RTV is the adhesive of choice.

We should shortly have a kit for the Moebuis Skipjack.

The Revell Gato and Moebius Seaview is also back in production, and we'll have them on the web page shortly.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Here is the NEW Moebius Skipjack Ballast kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	74459

Comment

• Albion
      Captain
      • Dec 2008

can you split the foam and weights, ive already got my hull full o lead :(
      Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
        can you split the foam and weights, ive already got my hull full o lead :(

I'm not sure I understand.

Comment

• Albion
          Captain
          • Dec 2008

originally you sold the foam separate from the lead, im just after foam
          Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
            originally you sold the foam separate from the lead, im just after foam
            I'll send you some. What exactly?

Comment

Working...