X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Caswell Snort pumps voltages

I realise that the large Snort Pump is a 12v motor, but was wondering about the effectiveness of the larger pump on lower voltages say 8.4v 7.2v?

The smaller pump runs on 7.2v well, but was wondering if anyone had done any testing about the effectiveness of lowering the voltage on the larger pump? I.e. would the larger pump for example running on 7.2 v pump at a rate faster than the smaller pump on the same voltage or would the smaller one then clear the tank faster?

Of course can do this testing myself, but if anyone has done this before I'd like to know.

Thanks
    J
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic
  • T. Schulte
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Nov 2009

Snort pump voltages

John, One thing that is probably going to happen. If you try to get the same amount of work out of a system that is designed for 12v and and run it at 8.4 or 7.2v your amp drain will rise considerably. Why not use 12volts? Just curious. Ted
    Last edited by T. Schulte; 11-26-2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by T. Schulte
      John, One thing that is probably going to happen. If you try to get the same amount of work out of a system that is designed for 12v and and run it at 8.4 or 7.2v your amp drain will rise considerably. Why not use 12volts? Just curious. Ted
      Agree Ted, but am just interested in knowing the tech range of these products.
      I am a curious type. Whilst I will spring for Lipos over NiMH - I do also like off the shelf RC NimH packs too. No point throwing away perfectly good batteries that I have lots of. Hence the question.
      J
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Subculture
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

The current won't rise at all, in fact it will be almost half what it is on 12 volts.

The resistance of the armature is a constant (well it will alter slightly according to how hot it will get, but lets keep it simple) so you halve the voltage, you halve the current, double the voltage, double the current.

Ohms law.

Comment

• Slats
          Vice Admiral
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Subculture
          The current won't rise at all, in fact it will be almost half what it is on 12 volts.

The resistance of the armature is a constant (well it will alter slightly according to how hot it will get, but lets keep it simple) so you halve the voltage, you halve the current, double the voltage, double the current.

Ohms law.
          Ok - learnt something!
          Thanks
          John Slater

Sydney Australia

sigpic

Comment

Working...