Push Rod Seals compatable with Engles Piston system?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barnacle Breath
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Dec 2008

Push Rod Seals compatable with Engles Piston system?

Ahoy There,
    Being a newly conscripted Bubble Head on the miniature scale I am in need of some advice on an Engle Laffayette build I am working on. I am not a big fan of the rubber bellows push rod seals that the kit employs. The SubTech BHS-1 seals do not recommend use with the Piston systems which have an increased internal WTC pressure due to the piston movement. Well to make a long story longer can anyone tell me if the Caswell Push Rod seals, part numbers DES001 & DES002 are compatible (ie:safe, like keep the water out of the nice expensive internal components) with the Engle Piston Ballast system?
    All and any input would be appreciated.

Regards, Barnacle Breath
    Last edited by Barnacle Breath; 03-08-2009, 09:34 PM. Reason: Spelling?duh??what me worry??
  • Subculture
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

What have you got against the bellows?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Barnacle Breath
      Ahoy There,
      Being a newly conscripted Bubble Head on the miniature scale I am in need of some advice on an Engle Laffayette build I am working on. I am not a big fan of the rubber bellows push rod seals that the kit employs. The SubTech BHS-1 seals do not recommend use with the Piston systems which have an increased internal WTC pressure due to the piston movement. Well to make a long story longer can anyone tell me if the Caswell Push Rod seals, part numbers DES001 & DES002 are compatible (ie:safe, like keep the water out of the nice expensive internal components) with the Engle Piston Ballast system?
      All and any input would be appreciated.

Regards, Barnacle Breath
      Yes, our seals are OK for this application. The sealing element is either an o-ring or quad-seal.

David,
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Barnacle Breath
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Dec 2008

First off, the bellows take up a lot valuable space in the aft free flood area of the Lafayette. I'm sure they work fine but there is always room for improvment.
        And Dave thanks for the info. on Caswell's seals. Also the next boat is going to emply the Snort, Mike says his Gato works just fine.

Ciao for now,

Barnacle Breath

Comment

• Subculture
          Admiral
          • Feb 2009

They're small bellows, what are you planning to put in the rear compartment?

Comment

Working...