Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

WFLY sent me this info

1,If you use the lithium battery, you need not install on the battery cable. it was used when you use regular battery.

2,The power for transmitter is 9.6-12.0v, so the 12.6v is too high for it, so it needs the voltage regulator protect it.

Any needs/questions,pls feel free to contact me,I am so happy to service for you0(04-28-16-39-08(06-03-09-41-38).gif.

Best Regards!

Candy Wang
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • vital.spark
    Commander
    • May 2010

Can the battery be charged witout removing it from the transmitter using the plug receptical on the side of the transmitter? When I tried the fist time it blew the fuse but I wasn't using the battery reulator cable!

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Kazzer
      1,If you use the lithium battery, you need not install on the battery cable. it was used when you use regular battery.

2,The power for transmitter is 9.6-12.0v, so the 12.6v is too high for it, so it needs the voltage regulator protect it.

Any needs/questions,pls feel free to contact me,I am so happy to service for you0(04-28-16-39-08(06-03-09-41-38).gif.

Best Regards!

Candy Wang
      Mike,
      i think there is a misunderstanding or something lost in translation and should be further clarified. The cable is called a Li-Po Voltage Regulator in the wFly Manual. That would imply it is used with Li-Po batteries yet #1 contradicts #2 (unless I am not reading it correctly - could be meds) The cable works in mine with Li-Po, but blew vital.sparks when he did not use the cable. Saying it is O.K. to put LiPo in without the cable, will you or wFly cover damage by that recommendation?
      Peace,
      tom
      Last edited by trout; 06-03-2015, 11:52 AM.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

I'm going to venture out on the limb and try to translate:

1.) If you're using a lithium battery don't plug it directly into the transmitter - you can only do this with NiCd packs.
        2.) If you're using a lithium battery you must use the regulator.

And to answer the question of charging a lithium battery through the charge port on the radio: No! You cannot properly charge a battery on the other side of the regulator, you'll have to remove it for charging.
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Kevin, your translation makes a ton of sense. I would go with that.
          If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• vital.spark
            Commander
            • May 2010

Thanks Kevin,

That's what I thought and wasn't going to charge again without removing the Lipo. The transmitter worked OK with the regulator cabe and only blew the fuse when I tried charging! From now on the cable stays attached to the Lipo!

Regards,

Myron

Comment

Working...