Is it possible to have more pix of MBD "U" class?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Is it possible to have more pix of MBD "U" class?

Sirs,

I am still very interested in doing a WW2 British "U" class sub. It would appear from the photos of the prototype I have that a considerable amount of work would be necessary to turn the MBD model into a more accurate one. For example, I would want to separate the casing from the hull which appears to be one molded piece on the model. That's OK, I enjoy a real challenge.

I'm wondering though if someone could take more pictures of the bare model so I can more accurately gauge the amount of work required to bring it up to "my standards", whatever those are. Either post them in this thread or email them to me.

I have followed the wonderful thread going here on the "T" class sub. It's heartening to see all the help you and Master "M" are willing/able to provide. I'm sure before it's over I'm going to need it too.

I realize this is an unusual request but I'm trying to get a hand on the number of resident alligators before I try to drain the swamp.

Thanks for your time,

Dan
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

Dan

I've uploaded a pile of old photos of U Class submarines to the album section and I'll take some more photos of the actual model over the weekend.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• roedj
      Captain
      • Sep 2008

Mike,

Thank you. Now if I could only find that album section you mentioned. I know it's here somewhere.

Dan

Comment

• Kazzer
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
        Mike,

Thank you. Now if I could only find that album section you mentioned. I know it's here somewhere.

Dan

Look at the top of the page = community> pictures and albums

Comment

• roedj
          Captain
          • Sep 2008

Mike,

Thank you, found the album. I had most of those but the ones showing a closeup were new to me and may be very helpful.

I have to ask another favor (I'm know I'm pushing my luck) but your catalog page for the "U" class shows samples from Lambert's plans L/S #47 (Group 1) and #48 (Group 2 - modified). The model you are selling is clearly a Group 2 - unmodified and is probably plan L/S #46. Would it possible to show just a sample of #46, like you did for #47 and #48, so I can be sure which plan to order?

Thanks for your time, patience and assistance,

Dan

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Dan

As promised, I've taken some photos of the U Class and they are now in their own album on the forum -- got to community>Pictures & Albums>MBD British U Class Model

I'm looking at the plans over the weekend.

I like this model, its big and very impressive!

Comment

• toppack
              Rear Admiral
              • Nov 2008

Wow, should not have any problems with linkage connections in that one. Very open easy access! :)
              It has that strange bow-planes hinge design, (like the T-class and I guess others) but they are easy to modify, so that should not be a problem.
              Last edited by toppack; 02-28-2009, 04:04 PM.
              Rick L.
              --------------------------------------------
              * Asking Questions is a 'Good Thing',
              Since Learning is Always a 'Good Thing' *

Comment

• roedj
                Captain
                • Sep 2008

Mike,

Thanks for the pictures.

All that's left is for you to confirm for me that Lambert plan #46 is of the Group #2 - unmodifed subs that the model belongs to. A simple picture, like you did for plans #47 and #48, would be perfect.

Dan

Comment

Working...