X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

2" Sub-Driver

I have a Scale Shipyard 1/96 Alpha that needs a sub-driver. Will the 2" version as fitted to the D&E 212 do the job?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Yes,

M......
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

There you go. The perfect political answer. Short: truthful; and didn't tell me anything that I thought I didn't already know. Do you have some propellors to go with it perchance?

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I have some very old work I did on that kit back when the earth's crust was still hot. White metal propeller, might even have a set of yokes that will fit back there. e-mail me your needs ... and don't let Mike know, this is a gift, not a sale. I love that little kit. Wish Lee would do a better job marketing it. That, the 1/96 640/616 class SSBN, and his 1/72 SKIPJACK are his best hulls in my not so humble opinion.

M
        Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 01-18-2014, 10:23 AM.
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
          Vice Admiral
          • Mar 2013

Thanks David,

Very generous of you, as always.

Comment

• actonw5
            Ensign
            • Feb 2009

Will the 2" Sub-driver fit with the Bronco Type XXVII fittings set? Thanks for the help

Comment

• trout
              Admiral
              • Jul 2011

I don't believe there is a Type XXVII fittings kit, but there is a Bronco Type XXIII. The Type 27 beam was 1.5 meters, so to scale and converted to inches that would be 1.67" outside measurement. depending how thick the plastic is, you might get a 1.5" tube in there, but it might need to be smaller.

If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• actonw5
                Ensign
                • Feb 2009

Thanks for the correction - it is a Type 27 kit. It looks like the smallest Caswell 1.25" Sub-driver will do the trick. RC-Sub-Workshop also sells a WTC accessory made up of clear acrylic formers forming 3 boxes with screw-down lips. Being a novice, I inclined towards the Caswell sub-driver kit.

Comment

Working...