Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The WFLY 8 Channel Radio Instructions Update

Kevin McLeod has kindly updated the instructions for this great radio.

He says, "This is only for the WFLY receivers with the LED on them, the ones with the A/B switch don't have this feature.
    1. Do not power on Tx until specifically instructed to do so.
    2. Power on Rx. LED will be on solid, wait approximately 15 seconds until LED begins to flash.
    3. Put all Tx controls in the desired failsafe positions. (Still no power.) Hold these positions until told to release.
    4. Turn on Tx (Note - you're still holding the controls in the desired failsafe positions.)
    5. Wait 5 seconds for Tx to complete booting up.
    6. Release failsafe commands on Tx.

At this point the failsafe positions are stored in the receiver and will persist across power down/power up cycles. Upon signal loss the Rx will switch to the failsafe position in about 1.5 - 2 seconds. (Which seems really short for sub use in my mind!)"

You can download the update here
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

My thanks to Tom and Kevin for working out how to set the fail-safe points on the 'new' WFly receivers -- for years that feature has goofed me up ... it's a wonder I've not lost a boat to it.

Thanks, guys.

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

There is a catch, if you power up your boat first and your transmittor later on, it has to be done within those 15 seconds, if not, you'll erase your desired failsave settings.
      I always have the habit to check my failsave positions before taking the plunge.

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by MFR1964
        There is a catch, if you power up your boat first and your transmittor later on, it has to be done within those 15 seconds, if not, you'll erase your desired failsave settings.
        I always have the habit to check my failsave positions before taking the plunge.

Manfred.
        Never power up your SD first!

(ducking for cover ... INCOMING!!!!)

m
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...