• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

Availability of 2.5" SAS 1:96 version

Sirs,

The Caswell products page shows the SAS 1:96 version as being "out of stock" Does that mean that I can still order it and wait for You-Know-Who to make it or is there a much longer wait implied?

Dan
    Born in Detroit - where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • roedj
    Captain
    • Sep 2008

I still need this question answered, please. How soon can I get this SAS with a horizontal schnorkel?

Dan

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by roedj
      I still need this question answered, please. How soon can I get this SAS with a horizontal schnorkel?

Dan
      Fair enough. We've updated the catalog to reflect our change from the 'old' gas-type ballast sub-system to the 'new' SAS. It's here: http://www.sub-driver.com/sub-driver...model-kit.html

If you have a specific need for a horizontal type snorkel, let me know ... I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!!

And thanks for the reminder, Dan. That origional request got by me. We'll fix you up, pal.

David
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
        Captain
        • Sep 2008

I'm sorry but I guess I'm not making myself clear on this question.

The Caswell order shows this 1/96 SAS model to be "out of stock". I know that if an item is "in stock" it will ship very quickly - typical Caswell excellent service. But the question remains - how soon can I receive a 1/96 SAS if it is currently "out of stock"?

From the description on the Caswell page it would appear that it comes with a horizontal schnorkel so that's OK.

I am really trying to figure out the shortest - time wise- way to get one of my various used kits in the water for the Sub Regatta in August. I am 90% done building the 3.5" SAS SD but if I could also have the 2.5" SAS SD for some smaller 1/96 subs it may make my time decisions a little (lot) clearer. I figure I have just enough time with all my other commitments to get one sub ready. I have no doubt that all of the SAS SD's I purchase will get utilized sooner or later but right now I must make a choice. The schedule of the availability of the 1/96 2.5" SAS SD will go a long way in that regard.

Sorry to be a pest - expiring minds want to know,

Dan

Comment

• Aug 2008

I'm sorry but I guess I'm not making myself clear on this question.

The Caswell order shows this 1/96 SAS model to be "out of stock". I know that if an item is "in stock" it will ship very quickly - typical Caswell excellent service. But the question remains - how soon can I receive a 1/96 SAS if it is currently "out of stock"?

From the description on the Caswell page it would appear that it comes with a horizontal schnorkel so that's OK.

I am really trying to figure out the shortest - time wise- way to get one of my various used kits in the water for the Sub Regatta in August. I am 90% done building the 3.5" SAS SD but if I could also have the 2.5" SAS SD for some smaller 1/96 subs it may make my time decisions a little (lot) clearer. I figure I have just enough time with all my other commitments to get one sub ready. I have no doubt that all of the SAS SD's I purchase will get utilized sooner or later but right now I must make a choice. The schedule of the availability of the 1/96 2.5" SAS SD will go a long way in that regard.

Sorry to be a pest - expiring minds want to know,

Dan

Oh! Gotcha now, Dan.

The 'out of stock' post is what the Boss-people put up when they no longer have product in the bin there at the Caswell Empire -- they drop that notice once I deliver product to their facility. So the only reason you don't see that specific SD listed as available is a) they have not placed an order with me to re-stock, or -- and this is the most likely case -- b) they have sent me a purchase order, and I'm late filling it.

But that only explains process, it does not address your reasonable question: When!

I should be caught up on my SD orders (and there are several of various numbers and types of SD's I hold PO's for) this time next week. From the time I ship to Caswell it takes about four working days for them to get the product through the door and either cataloged and placed in a bin, or boxed up and shipped to a long-suffering customer. The crew at Caswell ship the same day the stuff shows up -- they're very good about that. And don't you know they tell me THAT every chance they get!

Order the SD you want today; it's out of The Cave this time next week; four days later its in the hands of the Boss People; and then the time it takes to ship it to you. Hope that answers, Dan.

You are not a pest ... you actually get stuff into the water and I love ya for that, pal! I need the occasional kick-start, that's all. No sweat.

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
            Captain
            • Sep 2008

Thank you - will place order today.

Dan

Comment

• greenman407
              Admiral
              • Feb 2009

Thats funny Dan, "expiring minds need to know" We all know that you meant "aspiring minds need to know". Funny Dude!!
              IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• roedj
                Captain
                • Sep 2008

Well, so much for that idea. There's no way to "add to my cart" if the item is "out of stock".

Should I call Caswell directly?

Dan

Comment

• Aug 2008

Well, so much for that idea. There's no way to "add to my cart" if the item is "out of stock".

Should I call Caswell directly?

Dan
                  Yeah! And when you get Kailagh on the phone, don't you dare mention my name, or she'll have me killed!

David
                  Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
                    Captain
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                    Yeah! And when you get Kailagh on the phone, don't you dare mention my name, or she'll have me killed!

David
                    Don't tempt me. Will call Cailagh - tell her "somebody who shall not be named" told me to call.

Dan

Comment

• roedj
                      Captain
                      • Sep 2008

Order has been placed. No actual producers were either injured or mentioned during this order placement.

Dan

Comment

• Aug 2008

And as usual, Kailagh slapped me with a PO the instant your credit card was processed -- these Caswell folk don't mess around. I'm on it, Dan. Product out of here and off to Caswell Inc. before next Wednesday. How's that?

David
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• roedj
                          Captain
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
                          How's that?David
                          Not good at all - it leaves me nothing to complain about.

Dan

Comment

Working...