• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teaker11
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Dec 2011

WFT08 New Radio in my hands

Good day all
    Ups Delevired WFT08 radio with a Sombra Labs SL-8. I have printed out the Manual and installed the batteries in the transmitter and Used a Airtronics4.8 v Nickle Cadmium for the recevier. The Recevier found the transmitter and life is good. Now for my question which mode should I use for the Submarine. Right now the transmitter is programed for Helicopter on all 8 modes? also can I buy a nickel Cadmium battery pack for the transmitter. I can not beleive how small the recevier is It will work great in the Submarine as my Airtronics was to big. Now I think Ill buy another for a spare.
    Thanks
    Jim
  • Reckless
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jan 2012

you have to take it off Heli for the sub.. cause a bunch of the channels end up mixed in heli mode.

Comment

• Teaker11
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Dec 2011

Great, Thanks for the info. I will try and see what happens
      Jim

Comment

• KevinMc
        Commander
        • Feb 2009

Hi Jim,

I've written up a "recommended setup guide" for this radio which is available for download on the Caswell website. (I've also been working on a newer revision, if you PM me your email address I'll send it to you direct.)
        Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
        KMc Designs

Comment

• AQUASUB
          Lieutenant
          • Nov 2010

There is a 9 channel one as well,looks like a nice radio.
          Great minds discuss ideas;average minds discuss events;small minds discuss people.

President Roosevelt

Comment

• Teaker11
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Dec 2011

Hi thanks for the update, do you have a link to the radio, who sells it? and is it 75 MHZ
            thanks
            JIm

Comment

Working...