X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CG Bob
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Sep 2008

SEAVIEW SD pushrod seals

Ordered the SEAVIEW and SubDriver package late Oct - early Nov 200. Received everything in June 2008. Bench test the SD in July, and everything worked fine. Continue working on the kit, and am ready to connect the dive plane pushrods to the SD oushrods. As I'm working on the plane linakages, two of the SD pushrod seals slide out of the aft bulkhead, and the 3rd one is working loose. The pushrods were oiled before all testing; and I've probably done 25-30 cycles of the servos/pushrods before the seals slid out. I contacted Tech Support via the web site, on November 17, and am waiting for an answer.

Ticket ID: HXN-539384
    Subject: SEAVIEW Subdriver pushrod seals
    Department: Tech Support (After Sales)
    Priority: Medium

All I want to know is: What adhesive was originally used, so I clean it off and re-secure these items?
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by CG Bob
    Ordered the SEAVIEW and SubDriver package late Oct - early Nov 200. Received everything in June 2008. Bench test the SD in July, and everything worked fine. Continue working on the kit, and am ready to connect the dive plane pushrods to the SD oushrods. As I'm working on the plane linakages, two of the SD pushrod seals slide out of the aft bulkhead, and the 3rd one is working loose. The pushrods were oiled before all testing; and I've probably done 25-30 cycles of the servos/pushrods before the seals slid out. I contacted Tech Support via the web site, on November 17, and am waiting for an answer.

Ticket ID: HXN-539384
    Subject: SEAVIEW Subdriver pushrod seals
    Department: Tech Support (After Sales)
    Priority: Medium

All I want to know is: What adhesive was originally used, so I clean it off and re-secure these items?
    Permatex RTV adhesive/gasket making goo was used to adhere the little 1/16" pushrod seals into the motor bulkhead body. You can slather some thick formula CA around the offending seal bodies, that will keep them in place. This is the 'quick-and-dirty' fix. The proper fix is to pull the seal bodies, round-file out excess RTV from the bore of the motor bulkhead, file off excess RTV from the seal bodies, re-coat the seal body and re-insert into the hole, taking care not to get any RTV adhesive into the 1/16" pushrod hole.

Sorry about that -- I have since changed the manufacturing protocol and now insert larger diameter seals into the motor bulkhead holes, achieving a tight interference fit. Make one of the above fixes and you'll be good to go again.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• CG Bob
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Sep 2008

I pulled them out and did the proper fix last night. Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...