• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gale Whitestine
    Ensign
    • Oct 2009

Snort pump not working.

Hi

I'm nearing the point of getting my Seaview in the water and in a test of the systems I discovered that the Snort pump isn't working.

I did some basic trouble shooting and discoverd that the relay seems to be working and when I removed the pump from the motor, the motor would run when it was commanded by the transmitter but when it was reassembled to the motor, the motor can't actuate the pump.

The batteries have a fresh charge. I also check for foreign debris (shouldn't be, hasn't been used) and didn't find anything that appeared to be keeping the pump form working. It seems stiff though. I haven't checked voltage. Don't know what it should be. I did try some light oil on the pump and some hand actuating, but there wasn't any change.

Any suggestions that I should try?

Thanks

Gale
    Last edited by Outrider; 03-19-2011, 08:43 AM.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

As you've seen, the make-up from the motor shaft to the pump diaphragms is through a press-fit disk on the motor shaft. The drive pin of the diaphragm yoke engages a single eccentric hole in the disk. If the disk is not shoved all the way down on the motor shaft, the pin pushes up, binding against the yoke and the diaphragms won't budge when the motor gets current. This is a manufacturer's assembly fault, but can be corrected (I've done it on two units already) by the user as I just described.

Take care not to over-stress those two pump housing retaining clips!

David,
    Last edited by Outrider; 03-19-2011, 08:41 AM.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Gale Whitestine
      Ensign
      • Oct 2009

Finally got back to the model. Been a tough month. I did as you suggested. Still didn't work. I also trimmed the pin a small amount as it appeared to be a touch long. I'm very sure there is no interference now to overcome. It appears that there isn't enough torque in the motor to actuate to pump. Question is: Does the motor have a problem or is the voltage getting to the motor low? Which would mean there is something wrong with the switch.

Thank you

Gale

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

I recommend, at this point, you turn the unit in for a replacement.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Rick Teskey
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jan 2009

Try putting the juice too the pump and motor without use of snot driver or radio just direct voltage too motor lugs
          Rick

Comment

• KevinMc
            Commander
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rick Teskey
            Try putting the juice too the pump and motor without use of snot driver or radio just direct voltage too motor lugs
            Rick
            Yeah - what he said! Put 6V or so direct to the motor with the MPC still soldered in place and see if the motor turns over.
            Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
            KMc Designs

Comment

Working...