X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SSN687
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Subculture

Afraid not. You can use 75mhz, 50mhz and 433mhz with a HAM technicians license and 900mhz.
    One other question:
    Since it was stated the 40Mhz cannot be used in the US, how are the small toy 40Mhz RC submarines sold in the US, does anyone have a simple answer?

Comment

• Subculture
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

Purchasing and using are two different things. Not legal to use 40mhz even for toys, but difficult to enforce. Toy radios also tend to be extremely weak compared with hobby grade.

Comment

• Bob Gato
        Captain
        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by SSN687

One other question:
        Since it was stated the 40Mhz cannot be used in the US, how are the small toy 40Mhz RC submarines sold in the US, does anyone have a simple answer?
        I would think the same way 433MHZ is used for 4 channel relay activation and garage door openers without a Ham license

Comment

• vital.spark
          Commander
          • May 2010

Wyfly make reasonable priced receivers that use Synthesized RF Modules! Just produce modules in 75mhz! I have 2 Wfly WFT-08 Transmitters one from Caswell and the other I picked up on ebay. I damaged one and I contacted Candy at Wfly in Shenzhen. I was able to send it to them for repair with a quick turn around. They are a great group work with them on the Module side only if possible? This way no need to stock transmitters, only modules! This will keep us going for a long long time! To me, this makes common sense.

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I would imagine easier said than done. I agree a custom module and receiver combo would be the way to go, as it allows the use of modern TX's which are readily available.

Manufacturers want orders in the hundreds or thousands to make a special line, otherwise it's not worth their time. This niche sector of the hobby is too small to support that, so it would reply on cottage industry professionals to make or adapt a device, hence the VEX tweaks.

Will there be the customers for this at all? Don't see many new starters in this hobby, and the well seasoned already are 'radioed up', guess Bob will have a better feel for sales volumes than I

Comment

Working...