72/75 MHZ going out of business? Nah!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bradv
    replied
    I've been getting all keen on these WFLY8's recently, but at the boat club today I was given the opportunity for some locally-built 36MHz PSA gear. As I'm a big fan of PSA transmitters due to the one I already own, I'll stick with this option instead I think.
    Last edited by Bradv; 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Slats
    Its not how many I need, its whether or not you can get them. (At the moment I am fine).

    Brad and others from Aus following this thread, Mike has stated he can get 36MHZ, I guess we just need to work out who is serious about buying this gear, and maybe get someone to bite the bullet, buy it and test it out.
    Its a great discussion nonetheless but I am conscious of 2 things - 1 not stuffing Mike around, -2 establishing a regular 36MHZ supplier of what we need.

    At the moment as I said at the outset at the moment I am fine. I run the FC16 on 40MHZ for three subs. I can probably see myself getting a 36MHZ WFLY in the next quarter but not before.



    Best

    J

    Leave a comment:


  • tsenecal
    replied
    i just remembered this from an rcgroups thread a while ago.

    contact these guys AFTER you get your hands on a 40mhz wfly, and see if they can get you a 36mhz set of crystals:

    http://www.icmfg.com/

    according to the rcgroups thread, if the crystal is made, they have it, i just don't know how in the hell to navigate their website, or what TYPE of part i am looking for.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mankster
    replied
    Ah Ok. May be those 40Mhz boating guys will move on as well. As you mention there is much more choice available on 40Mhz. But I fear that this too may change in the coming year.
    Gruapner/JR MX-16s (8 ch Synth Tx and Synth RX) on 40Mhz is just EUR150.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bradv
    replied
    In Aus, we find 40MHz is much more crowded. This is due to 2 main reasons I'm aware of:

    1. There's only 13 bands for 40 MHz compared to 30 bands for 36 MHz.

    2. As high-end 40 MHz gear has been more easily accessible, especially for expandable sets like the Robbe F14 & F16 etc., there are quite a few people already utilizing it.

    So with the exodus of model boating gents from the 36 MHz band to 2.4 GHz, this has opened the former up for us very nicely - assuming we can also obtain sets with a large number of channels for our subs, like the WYFLY8.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mankster
    replied
    If 40mhz is a legal frequency in Australia, why is 36Mhz favoured? There are some good deals on 40Mhz gear with Synth Tx and Synth Rx's at the moment.

    Leave a comment:


  • roedj
    replied
    Mike,

    I don't suppose here's a 50MHz version in there somewhere.

    Dan

    Leave a comment:


  • tsenecal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kazzer
    More pictures of the modules
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8383[/ATTACH]
    that is very cool that the WFLY module actually has a "user serviceable" crystal. interesting.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bradv
    replied
    Thanks for clarifying the frequency modules, Mike. At least I have two 36 MHz options for the WYFLY8 now - either a HiTEC synthesized module which would be great (if I can find one), or failing that trying to find a 36.170 MHz Tx crystal in whatever type the WYFLY8 takes in its default module as that's the frequency of all my subs. I've got JR & HiTEC Tx crystals in this frequency, but not Futaba - I suppose that gived me a 66% chance in getting it working!

    Fortunately all my subs are crystal Rx's so they'll work fine, but it will be interesting to see if the bunch of original Corona RP8D1 synthesized Rx's I have also work with the WYFLY8. The new RP8D1 model synthesized Rx, which is easy to identify as it has an extra set of battery pins, seems to have improved firmware as the one of these I was sent recently works with an el-cheapo 36 MHz Venom Tx I have whereas the original RP8D1's don't.
    Last edited by Bradv; 07-01-2011, 08:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    More pictures of the modules
    Click image for larger version

Name:	module1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	62903Click image for larger version

Name:	module3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	62905
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kazzer; 06-30-2011, 04:32 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Originally posted by Slats
    Gee Mike I didn't know I was a whining.
    J
    Oh! Lor' Do I have to post smilies everywhere? :-(

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Kazzer
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8381[/ATTACH]

    Model: WFT08S
    Use in: airplane, helicopter, car, boat
    Band: 2.400GHz-2.483GHz, 35MHz, 36MHz, 40MHz, 41MHz, 72MHz, 75MHz
    Output power: ≤100Mw (2.4GHz) ≤750mW (35MHz-75MHz)
    Modulation: PPM/PCMS 1024/PCMS 4096
    12- model memory
    RF module: individual
    Multi-lingual
    Resolution: 4096
    Power: 9.6-12V
    Mix: PROG.NOR.MIX (5 series) PROG.CUR.MIX (2 series)
    *High Speed, High Resolution, optimized 2.4GHz PCMS 4096 " High Speed, Silk-like smooth"
    *Convenient stick adjustment, make you free usage
    Tree-like Multilayer Menu, human oriented design, easy controlling
    Excellent white LED backlight, less visual tiredness
    132 x 64 FSTN LCD screen
    7 point curve (in any X and Y direction edition), easy complex curve adjustment
    Data transfer function, easy teaching and learning
    Multi-function, intuitive data setting, easy checking

    Here are some crystals I found on their webpage

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8382[/ATTACH]


    Thanks Mike,
    I didn't know WFLY had a web page - can you post the URL?
    Thanks
    J

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by Kazzer
    OK! Guys! My head is spinning here. (I'm a klutz at this radio stuff)

    What exactly do you want here?

    Here are the options

    6 ch radio about $100
    8 ch radio about $190
    36mhz
    or 40 mhz
    or both

    I'll get a couple of each and some lucky winners will get one to try.

    There! Will that stop all the whining?
    Gee Mike I didn't know I was a whining I thought I was Winning Sheen style.

    I'll flick all this over to the guys in need of Radios and get back to you.
    J

    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WFT08S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	62901

    Model: WFT08S
    Use in: airplane, helicopter, car, boat
    Band: 2.400GHz-2.483GHz, 35MHz, 36MHz, 40MHz, 41MHz, 72MHz, 75MHz
    Output power: ≤100Mw (2.4GHz) ≤750mW (35MHz-75MHz)
    Modulation: PPM/PCMS 1024/PCMS 4096
    12- model memory
    RF module: individual
    Multi-lingual
    Resolution: 4096
    Power: 9.6-12V
    Mix: PROG.NOR.MIX (5 series) PROG.CUR.MIX (2 series)
    *High Speed, High Resolution, optimized 2.4GHz PCMS 4096 " High Speed, Silk-like smooth"
    *Convenient stick adjustment, make you free usage
    Tree-like Multilayer Menu, human oriented design, easy controlling
    Excellent white LED backlight, less visual tiredness
    132 x 64 FSTN LCD screen
    7 point curve (in any X and Y direction edition), easy complex curve adjustment
    Data transfer function, easy teaching and learning
    Multi-function, intuitive data setting, easy checking

    Here are some crystals I found on their webpage

    Click image for larger version

Name:	20101220134942658.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	62902


    Leave a comment:


  • Kazzer
    replied
    OK! Guys! My head is spinning here. (I'm a klutz at this radio stuff)

    What exactly do you want here?

    Here are the options

    6 ch radio about $100
    8 ch radio about $190
    36mhz
    or 40 mhz
    or both

    I'll get a couple of each and some lucky winners will get one to try.

    There! Will that stop all the whining?

    Leave a comment:

Working...