X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardRock
    Vice Admiral
    • Mar 2013

Contact

Boys and Girls of the Caswell Mega Corperation. I have to tell you that your attention to customer communications is **** house - pardon my French. What must I do to get an answer to my emails? I'm considering reverting to carrier pidgeon. Help an old soldier out here, answer your bloody mail!
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Did you write me or Caswell?

M
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• HardRock
      Vice Admiral
      • Mar 2013

You always answer your mail. I've been trying to talk with Caswell to chase up some orders - no response so far.

Comment

• HardRock
        Vice Admiral
        • Mar 2013

In the past I've emailed them direct but on checking thier contact page it now says to use the forum, hence the ****-o-gram.

Comment

• Aug 2008

The tardiness with Caswell orders is on me -- I'm the point of manufacture for the SD's and fittings kits, as well as the small stuff. I've had some health issues of late. I'm OK now and getting back into the saddle, and am working hard to catch up. So, please, if you have a specific problem or question you need answered in regards to the submarine stuff Caswell sells, I'm likely the guy who can give you the straight poop.

M
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
            The tardiness with Caswell orders is on me -- I'm the point of manufacture for the SD's and fittings kits, as well as the small stuff. I've had some health issues of late. I'm OK now and getting back into the saddle, and am working hard to catch up. So, please, if you have a specific problem or question you need answered in regards to the submarine stuff Caswell sells, I'm likely the guy who can give you the straight poop.

M
            And I'm a one armed typist after having rotator cuff surgery. Therefore very cranky.
            So, all I do is forward to .Mr. M because I have no idea how backed up David is. Sorry.

Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• HardRock
              Vice Admiral
              • Mar 2013

Men. Thankyou both of the replies. I'm hoping that my Blueback will turn up soonish so that I can spend Christmas in a good mood (and in the shed away from the children). I also have a 1.25 SD on order but that can wait - no hurry for that delivery. The important thing that I wanted to tell someone was, please don't consolidate the orders. I'd rather have the Blueback now and the SD later, particularly as there is a A$1,000 Customs threshold here and going over it attracts and extra 10% and clearance fees of around $300. Much better to avoid it is possible.

And like you guys I am also falling to bits; I put it down to the milage rather than the age. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the good things that you both do. Now get back to work!

Comment

• greenman407
                Admiral
                • Feb 2009

Ain't life Grand? Keeping very busy is the only thing that holds me together. Carry on Gents. So many Subs , so little time
                IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• Peter W
                  Captain
                  • May 2011

Not trying to crash Scott's thread here but can't see where else to go......apart from maybe the Akula thread. But ha ha I now have enough cash. If I get the skip jack subdriver, the adf 2 and the lipoguard for $648, roughly how much shipping would it be to blighty? Assuming that the 1/72 Revell Skipjack subdriver is suitable ? And I would also need the horizontal type snorkel thingy. ...

Peter.

Comment

• greenman407
                    Admiral
                    • Feb 2009

Suitable for what?

Comment

• Peter W
                      Captain
                      • May 2011

Hello Mark. Was checking,for definite that the 1/72 Skipjack subdriver is suitable for my 1/96 Akula. Lots of money to spend and just making 100% sure it would be compatible.

Peter

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Peter W
                        Hello Mark. Was checking,for definite that the 1/72 Skipjack subdriver is suitable for my 1/96 Akula. Lots of money to spend and just making 100% sure it would be compatible.

Peter

You'll need the horizontal type snorkel for the AKULA. Yes, the 1/96 AKULA is perfect for the 1/72 SKIPJACK SD.

M
                        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• greenman407
                          Admiral
                          • Feb 2009

Dave beat me to it. I was going to say that I think its a good fit because of a similar size between the two subs. Your Akula in 1/96 scale would be 45 &1/4" long with a 5.5" beam. The 1/72 scale Skippy is 42" long with a 5& 1/4" beam. Pretty close. I determined this using Country Boy Sipheren. Measurements of full size sub divided by the scale, converted to inches.

Comment

• HardRock
                            Vice Admiral
                            • Mar 2013

Is that like a SWAG? Scientific Wild Arsed Guess. I'm running the SD from my Skipjack in the Akula and its works very well (except when I attempt to crash dive it to the bottom of the pond).

Comment

• greenman407
                              Admiral
                              • Feb 2009

No guessing involved here. It's an Absolute............maybe

Comment

Working...