X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shamrock
    Lieutenant
    • Jan 2009

dragging rudder control arm

help performing inspection today on my gato.found rudder slow to respond. pulled rear bulkhead and removed arm from servo found pushrod sticking in bulkhead .rod is still straight and true.i think the seal may be bad .wanted to ask before pulling s/d apart.if it is seal would like info on how to order complete seal kit for s/d
    horse power by the hour
  • pjdog
    Commander
    • Apr 2009

Shamrock:

Had the same problem about 6 weeks ago. Just lube the puch rod. I used some grimRacer speed grease but oil will work or polish the rod some. It fixed my Gato. I find that I must oil the rods before play submarine. I guess the pool chemicals cause corrosion.

try that.

jack

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
      Shamrock:

Had the same problem about 6 weeks ago. Just lube the puch rod. I used some grimRacer speed grease but oil will work or polish the rod some. It fixed my Gato. I find that I must oil the rods before play submarine. I guess the pool chemicals cause corrosion.

try that.

jack
      You guys are not performing you post and pre-mission checks!

David,
      Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 12-12-2009, 11:02 PM.
      Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
        Commander
        • Apr 2009

Guilty - I guess that's why I'm always having problems when I go to the pool. I'm a trial and error person. But I'm getting better.

Jack

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by pjdog
          Guilty - I guess that's why I'm always having problems when I go to the pool. I'm a trial and error person. But I'm getting better.

Jack

I've done almost 25 years of 'trial and error' in this game so you guys don't have too!

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Subculture
            Admiral
            • Feb 2009

I don't think it's good advice to use just 'oil'. Unless Dave is using silicone or something exotic for his seals, then mineral based oil will rot the rubber, you should stick to a silicone based grease or oil.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Right you are, Andy.

Silicon oil.

David,
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...