X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Walshe
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Jun 2009

My dumas akula

Just some photos of my lastest project. Only additions, a set of Mr Merriman push rod seals, 4mm shaft, 6 blade raboesch prop. Added some detailing sourced from the net. What do you think.
    Attached Files
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Walshe
    Just some photos of my lastest project. Only additions, a set of Mr Merriman push rod seals, 4mm shaft, 6 blade raboesch prop. Added some detailing sourced from the net. What do you think.
    That clear watertight box lid is slick -- keeps the water out OK?

Loose the propulsion shaft grease stuffing tube ... I don't care what AquaMex says! Put a proper seal around that propeller shaft.

With those radical bends to the flimsy rudder and stern plane push rods, do you have any binding problems at the seals?

Can't you make the stern plane bell-crank any bigger?

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Walshe
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Jun 2009

David
      Just followed the dumas instructions. Thought your push rod seals were way ahead of what the instructions said to construct. The bell cranks are all standard. I just cut the top of the hull off a bit shorter, so as to place the forward hydro planes in the bottom hull section, so to speak. I added a bell crank to the said hydroplanes so that a fourth channel can now operate them independly. As four push rods binding, it just took a little tweaking. This project was just to get me back in the model building game. I had all the parts in my cupboard. I had the sub kit for about 7 years. I am waiting for the 1/144 scale german u 212 wtc and fittings to be produced.

Walshe

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Hey, if it works, it works. Has that thing been in the water yet?

Like the little do-dads you stuck on the deck and sail, helps breath some life into the subject.

I've got a good start on the 1/144 Type-212 SD, but no fittings kit yet. It's way down there on the 'to do' list. I'll catch hell during tomorrows phone call with the Boss just for mentioning that project. Damn!

Now look what you've done!

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Kazzer
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Merriman
          I'll catch hell during tomorrows phone call with the Boss just for mentioning that project. Damn!

Now look what you've done!

David,
          Yep! And a rightly deserved hell too! Get those torpedoes finished! We all want 'em!
          Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

Working...