• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actioncia
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2008

Re: Kilo 1/144

Hello All,

I am just starting out in RC Sub so my experience is rather limited. I've got this experimental WTC from Dave and so far I've got the motor,dive planes and rudder part working ok;however, I am thinking to use propel gas as ballast mechanisim instead of mechanical pump due to limited space available and other factors. Can any one share some insight on where might I get a propel gas cylinder or do I have to DIY such item myself? The idea of propel gas is that the boat will be at an ideal set point and when one wants to dive, one vent off air within the wtc which cause the bottom hole of the wtc to draw water inside of the cavity and which causes it to sink and when one wants to surface, one would bleed off the pressurized air from the cylinder to push the water out of wtc? Thanks, JC.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by actioncia
    Hello All,

I am just starting out in RC Sub so my experience is rather limited. I've got this experimental WTC from Dave and so far I've got the motor,dive planes and rudder part working ok;however, I am thinking to use propel gas as ballast mechanisim instead of mechanical pump due to limited space available and other factors. Can any one share some insight on where might I get a propel gas cylinder or do I have to DIY such item myself? The idea of propel gas is that the boat will be at an ideal set point and when one wants to dive, one vent off air within the wtc which cause the bottom hole of the wtc to draw water inside of the cavity and which causes it to sink and when one wants to surface, one would bleed off the pressurized air from the cylinder to push the water out of wtc? Thanks, JC.

Jup.

David

(make your own on-board bottle from Plumber's copper pipe and fittings)
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• actioncia
      Lieutenant, Junior Grade
      • Aug 2008

RE

Merriman,

This would required some soldering with Silver solder and a torch right, and of course to vent or fill the cylinder schrader valve is soldered onto part of the cylinder? JC.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by actioncia
        Merriman,

This would required some soldering with Silver solder and a torch right, and of course to vent or fill the cylinder schrader valve is soldered onto part of the cylinder? JC.
        60/40 lead/tin solder is good enough here.

Look at my SD's in these pages to get an idea of how I configure these things.

David,
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...