• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • actioncia
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Aug 2008

Re: Kilo 1/144 Power

Hello all and good day,

I am still trying to get my Kilo up and running but I seem to be running in circle. I am having some issue with powering up this sub, I've got a Novak speed control for my motor which I was told to connect my battery to speed control and speed control to the motor and everything should be regulate by speed control. However, I also go a SUBES2 control for my ballast tank that also needs power, do I spice up the main power in order to power the SUBES2? I welcome your valuable inputs, Tks, JC.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by actioncia
    Hello all and good day,

I am still trying to get my Kilo up and running but I seem to be running in circle. I am having some issue with powering up this sub, I've got a Novak speed control for my motor which I was told to connect my battery to speed control and speed control to the motor and everything should be regulate by speed control. However, I also go a SUBES2 control for my ballast tank that also needs power, do I spice up the main power in order to power the SUBES2? I welcome your valuable inputs, Tks, JC.

Sorry, not familiar with that equipment so can not comment/advise.

David,
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• pjdog
      Commander
      • Apr 2009

All my sub stuff comes from Caswell, inc.. I have two subs both have a Viper 10 speed control. The battery connects to the speed control ((Black and red wires)viper 10), then the speed control connects to the receiver with a Futaba type connector. Then the yellow and blue wires from the speed control (Viper 10) connects to the motors. I hope this helps. I'm really not one to give advise cause I'm real new to this. But that's how both my subs connect to the motors.

If you get Caswell stuff for your boats you'll have more help than you need. This forum is full of sub knowledge. It's kept me in the water and off the bottom.

Jack

Comment

• actioncia
        Lieutenant, Junior Grade
        • Aug 2008

RE:

Thanks a lot guys but unfortunately I've ordered my stuff before I knew about Caswell, I am just trying to fit each missing puzzles the best way I know how!

Comment

• Aug 2008

Thanks a lot guys but unfortunately I've ordered my stuff before I knew about Caswell, I am just trying to fit each missing puzzles the best way I know how!
          We'll do our best to walk you through it, actioncia.

David,
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• actioncia
            Lieutenant, Junior Grade
            • Aug 2008

RE

thanks Merriman, I've ordered my WTC from Dave a while back and although looking from the cd appears to be simple but working on the Kilo is by no means a simple task. Right now I barely got my motor in place and dive planes and rudder some what working ( inside WTC of course). As far as ballast system, I've got the pump, SUBES2 controller and soleniod valve from Caswell but I am hesitant to splice into three individual circuit just so I am able to run the motor,pump to inflate and soleniod to deflate, I am using 7.4 volt Li-Po but I have acquired another 3.4 volt battery in case I need to add additional volt.

Comment

• actioncia
              Lieutenant, Junior Grade
              • Aug 2008

RE:Power

Okay this may seem obvious but may be I am just a bit slow but for RC to operate there is a power source ( Battery) and receiver , servos to actuate for specific purpose, ballast system's pump to inflate or sucks in water. However, the pump does not have a JR connector to the receiver so one must use other means to power the pump. In this case the main battery is spliced into two separate leads in order to accommondate the power needed for the pump? JC.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Okay this may seem obvious but may be I am just a bit slow but for RC to operate there is a power source ( Battery) and receiver , servos to actuate for specific purpose, ballast system's pump to inflate or sucks in water. However, the pump does not have a JR connector to the receiver so one must use other means to power the pump. In this case the main battery is spliced into two separate leads in order to accommondate the power needed for the pump? JC.
                That pump motor needs a specific means of controlling it. That means is a device -- either an ESC, electronic switch, or a mechanical switch (actuated by a dedicated pump-motor servo). That devices function is to route battery current to the motor when you so command it from the transmitter.

You'll have three set of wires coming from the pump-motor and switch assembly: wires from the battery to the device, wires from the device to the pump-motor, and a set of wires between the device and the r/c system receiver.

I think you're in over your head with the WTC you have -- it's sold as an 'experimenter's kit', which means you have to work out the plumbing and device integration. Tough sledding for a newbie.

David,
                Who is John Galt?

Comment

• actioncia
                  Lieutenant, Junior Grade
                  • Aug 2008

Re: Power

Thanks Merriman,

It sure has been a uphill battle with this experiment kit but definitely worth it.
                  I think I've got this figured out thinking back on basic dc circuitry, I am able to construct a parallel circuitry to power the motor as well as power the switch/pump since the switch has two prones of negative and positive. this way I am not really losing too much going through either applications. Again thank you Merriman I think you construct some awesome submarines. JC.

Comment

• Aug 2008

Damn right I do.

Keep plugging away, you'll get there.

David,
                    Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...