Akula II

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott T
    replied
    Are you going to add the Russian sailor with the fishing rod?

Scott T

Leave a comment:

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    Originally posted by HardRock
    Didn't think anyone would notice.
    How could I have missed THAT!

M

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Didn't think anyone would notice.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is the cockpit, as of today. Unfortunately it won't get any love for the next three weeks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29954[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29955[/ATTACH]
    ROFLMAO. I only represent bird-poop on the rudder. You, you SOB ... you modeled the actual poop-machines!

That's it. I'm out!

M

Leave a comment:

• bwi 971
    replied
    Wonderful details Scott.......Also your seagulls on the Pod are a nice touch

Click image for larger version

Name:	6_971_154_f02ni.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	93472

Just like the real thing…….congrats.
    Grtz,
    Bart
    Last edited by bwi 971; 02-22-2015, 08:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Like it, very nice. Certainly better than mine is going to be. Have you got any close ups of the sail and the mast with the light. Also how did you replicate the SOKS sensor on the front of the sail.

More pics please,

Peter
    This is the cockpit, as of today. Unfortunately it won't get any love for the next three weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000704.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	93468Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000705.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	93469

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Better shot of rear light.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000698.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	93467

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Peter,

I'm just heading off on a job (for the next three weeks) but I have all the stuff for the anchor light sitting on the bench. I'll send you one if you like when I get back.
    Sale and masts.Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000701.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	93465 and rear light. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000700.jpg
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	93466

Leave a comment:

• greenman407
    replied
    First class reproduction of the real thing, thats for sure!

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    Originally posted by small sub guy
    So Trout, i am not the only one who thinks that Akula paint job is amazing.
    Your not the only one my friend, HardRock has shown incredible skills and a great eye. Sure challenges me to be better!

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter W
    Like it, very nice. Certainly better than mine is going to be. Have you got any close ups of the sail and the mast with the light. Also how did you replicate the SOKS sensor on the front of the sail.

More pics please,

Peter
    Peter,

I'm just heading off on a job (for the next three weeks) but I have all the stuff for the anchor light sitting on the bench. I'll send you one if you like when I get back.

Leave a comment:

• HardRock
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    You've taken me back to school. Wonderful stuff, HardRock. Thanks.

M
    Pot, this is kettle, over. Its all your fault actually. The colours on this thing were lifted directly from your 1/96 Skipjack (which is, not surprisingly) the best finished model that I have. I've seen lots of photographs of it and its sister ships on this site but they come no where near to showing the subtly of the paint job you did no that boat. Seeing it "in the flesh" was a revelation and an inspiration. I'm flattered that you like the Akula.

Leave a comment:

• small sub guy
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    The subtle colors and nice rust really comes together for the top half, but the icing on the cake is the lower half. The scum line is done very well and the barnicles (which at first I was not sure I liked) grew on me (pun intended). Now as I study it more, it is a great effect. Look forward to more photos and seeing it in water. Excellent work and inspiring!

So Trout, i am not the only one who thinks that Akula paint job is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• trout
    replied
    The subtle colors and nice rust really comes together for the top half, but the icing on the cake is the lower half. The scum line is done very well and the barnicles (which at first I was not sure I liked) grew on me (pun intended). Now as I study it more, it is a great effect. Look forward to more photos and seeing it in water. Excellent work and inspiring!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Sand, Your Worship. Its graded and dried and sold in art shops. The advantage is that the uniform size adds to the barnacle look. The grains are .5mm which should be about right for barnacles at 1/96 scale. Quite a few of the grains break off as well which adds a wonderful depth to the hull by exposing whatever was printed on first. There also some crushed pumice in there as well to give some body between the barnacles. A quick skim over them with a black wax crayon leaves tiny black spots on the top of each one that look just like a barnacle's gob.
    You've taken me back to school. Wonderful stuff, HardRock. Thanks.

M

Leave a comment:

Working...