X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

im back with a few more questions dave

So I got my keel weights cast and fitted at 8.3 oz total (rear 4.4 g, ft 3.9) and have .2 oz pellets to move forward to get the 9 oz total you need for the VIIc.

Drive train is in, hold down strap and index pin in, rudder and rear planes fabbed to length... [Query]????

Do you use epoxy or RTV to fit the klicons to the rod???? and most especialy the s/d push rods?

I'm guessing RTV or loctite red for the s/d push rods??????

Also other than the quick glimpses of your VIIC youtube video, [are] there any pics of the bends for the bow plane rod? When I get it bent, I [will] post a pic and you tell me your opinion (please) as i want to do this right the 1st time...

Also as a side note, I am going to purchace a new charger for lipo. Other than the 50w or higher rating, do you have a recomendation for a good charger that comes with the power supply cords???

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020968.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	102482Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020967.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	102483Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020966.jpg
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	102484Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020965.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	102485Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020964.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	102486Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020963.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	102487Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020962.jpg
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	102488
    Last edited by Outrider; 05-25-2013, 07:25 AM. Reason: I couldn't read the e e cummings-like original text. If Kazzer was at sea, he'd have somebody keel-hauled for this.
  • satlite440
    Lieutenant Commander
    • Jul 2012

anyone??????????

Comment

• greenman407
      Admiral
      • Feb 2009

I would think that CA would be a good choice for installing your magnets as long as you are sure that everything is set and the right length. As far as a charger goes, I dont think Caswell offers anything like that. But you might call them first. If not Tower hobbies is where I generally buy stuff. Only problem that I can think of is that the equalizing plug on the batteries and the chargers dont always match unless you buy battery and charger from the same people.
      IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
        Admiral
        • Jul 2011

I second CA suggestion for the magnets.
        If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• satlite440
          Lieutenant Commander
          • Jul 2012

I have no problem epoxying the kilcons to the linkage rods.. what I wanted to know is if I should use rtv to hold the klicons to the servo pushrod ends so the moter/bulkhead can still be serviced fo the seals later if needed.. as far as the charger I was hopeing someone would have a favorite.. I hve been considering this one Thunder Power TP610C 1-6 Cell LiPo AC/DC Charger ....

Comment

• Slats
            Vice Admiral
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by satlite440
            I have no problem epoxying the kilcons to the linkage rods.. what I wanted to know is if I should use rtv to hold the klicons to the servo pushrod ends so the moter/bulkhead can still be serviced fo the seals later if needed..
            I wouldn't use RTV - I think you'll find after a while the RTV will expand a bit as you asking it to be the glue in a moving part. It will eventually slip off.

I find kilcons are best adhered to the push rod with a tiny drop of CA - not expoxy. If you need service the inner motor tray I simply unscrew and remove the servo horn with the push rod attached from the servo. Too easy.

Hope that helps

John
            John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
            Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Buellman1
              Lieutenant
              • Mar 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	81208 This is my favorite charger. It came with all the plugs I could ever want and balancing adaptors in three styles. If your balancing lead is long enough, you don't even need to use the adaptors and plug right in the side. Nothing like charging four batteries at the same time. Every battery in the house is charged on it. No failures or complaints yet.

Comment

• satlite440
                Lieutenant Commander
                • Jul 2012

im afraid to ask buelman1 but how much???????? and dave thoughts on work done so far??????am i on the right track?????

Comment

• trout
                  Admiral
                  • Jul 2011

That charger will set you back about $210 (good investment), there is also a single charger for $63 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBJBY&P=7

I cannot recommend mine.... it is fair at best, but I do not get consistent charges on it and it is funny on things like LiFe. It is a Sigma II EQ.
                  If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• Buellman1
                    Lieutenant
                    • Mar 2013

Yes the charger is a bit expensive, but in my house its worth every penny. Not only do we have a pond, but a full off road course that the we all race on. Went from 8 hrs of charging after races to 2 hours. I charge all my batterys at a rate to fill in one hour.

I had a Venom charger that did well but failed after a year, so I won't recommend it. And a buddy bought a newer Venom and the power pack over heats constantly.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...