1/72 Victoria Class Submarine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    I have raw resin parts for the new 3" diameter SD in a bin now. Give me those figures and we'll fix you up, John.

    You and Mark have waited nearly two years for that new diameter, have you not?

    David
    yep something like that but it's not a problem waiting David. No point in proceeding without a clear understanding of the ballast tank requirements.

    If Mark's wanting it as an upgrade to the Albacore, the Ballast tank size is simply that of the previous system he had in play.

    I'll need to get these boats assembled to have the best estimation as to what size I'll need.

    Kilo will need a 3" diameter - but her tank size might need to be bigger than what you put the Albacore as she has higher reserve buoyancy.

    For the Victoria class - I can fit a 3" and would like to, as it makes the tank shorter than a 2.5" regardless of the ballast required. But this leaves not much space above and below the SD, so a 2.5" might be a better bet. But again this little boat, very much like the Australian Collins has a high reserve buoyancy so I'll get these boats together and report in here with results when I have them.

    Attached below is my grid exercise of the Victoria Class using Microsoft Excel
    COG point is on the yellow line 54% of the distance from the propeller tip / 46% from the bow.



    J

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    I have raw resin parts for the new 3" diameter SD in a bin now. Give me those figures and we'll fix you up, John.

    You and Mark have waited nearly two years for that new diameter, have you not?

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by He Who Shall Not Be Named
    What a fine looking piece of work. So rich in detail. Keep us informed.

    David
    I intend to David.

    Mike's team have the 1/72 Ark Kilo in the post to me now as well, so I plan on doing a side by side assembly of the two.

    When I figure our the ballast tank needs of the two boats, stand by David for the order of 2 new SAS capable Subdrivers in 3" or maybe a 3" and 2.5".

    J

    Leave a comment:


  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    replied
    What a fine looking piece of work. So rich in detail. Keep us informed.

    David

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    replied
    Originally posted by trout
    John,
    That is really fantastic hull. Are you going to do a production run?
    Nope
    sorry - I'm just a humble kit assembler / customer.

    I (and a few others here in Australia), have been twisting Jon's arms for about a decade to do this boat in this scale.

    At this stage I don't think Jon plans on doing much more than filling the orders he took several years back. It was very much a project among friends.

    J

    Leave a comment:


  • trout
    replied
    John,
    That is really fantastic hull. Are you going to do a production run?

    Leave a comment:


  • Slats
    started a topic 1/72 Victoria Class Submarine

    1/72 Victoria Class Submarine

    Hi Guys

    my Victoria Class sub kit is on its way from Jon Evan's in Canada.

    I hope to start on it very soon.

    Attached are some hull photos and the moulds that Jon has produced.

    Lots of detail.









    I plan to fit either a 3" SD or 2.5"SD (SAS capable) - I'll do some tests with the assembled boat to see.

    J
Working...