Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazygary
    Captain
    • Sep 2012

I would venture to say that the prototype was a less arduous build!!

Your wonderful attention to detail is sure sign of a "sick" mind, my friend!
    May you "live long and prosper"!

"Detail Nut Of The First Order" doesn't seem quite adequate!

Thank you so much for your continued inspiration, you "Mad Man"!!

CG

Comment

• MFR1964
      Detail Nut of the First Order
      • Sep 2010

Hah, Mad Man!!!!!, there are enough guys at this forum to be called the same!!

As for Detail Nut of the First Order, i've deserved that title fair and square, sometimes David calls me King of Complexity to please me, yep i've got a pretty sick mind sometimes.

To continue my madness, i'll give you guys some more,

First i had to made this drillingtool, i had discovered some things on a few pictures.

Marked the holes and started drilling, those guys run all the way from back to front on both sides of the deck.

Had to do that to get these stanchions on my deck, bought this stuff straight from the shelf.

Minor little problem, to get the thread through the hole, i had to drill it out with a 1 mm drill, and yes, all those stanchions had to get the same treatement.

The moment of truth, making a testrun to see if it would work, luckely it worked out fine.

Some progress at the stern of my sub.

And some at the bowpart.

To get those wires under tension i've used some elastick bands from old underpants of She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Same story on the bow part, added some small turnbuckles to hide my use of elastick bands.
      Yet another job done, still had to refurbish the jumperwire holders at the stern, the old one's could use a make over.

Manfred.
      I went underground

Comment

Working...