X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Foxtrot !!!

Finally made a start, should really concentrate on the M1 but got side tracked

First roadblocks. the WTC is built but i cant stop the vent valve from leaking. it look like the screw is pushing just behind the ball of the valve. Even with a big closing force on the valve it leaks, any tips?

Secondly, here's the sail internals, but where do the various ladders go, and what are the other loose parts?
    Attached Files
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop
  • Albion
    Captain
    • Dec 2008

Next question.

Looks like the moulded in brass tubes at rear are designed for 3/32 shafts.
    Dave did you use rubber tube to connect these to something more usual, to feed through to your bearing bulkhead?

looks like hooking up the rear planes is going to be fun :(
    Next time someone points out it takes 42 muscles to frown, point out it will only take 4 muscles to b1tch slap them if they tell you how mnay muscles you need to smile:pop

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Albion
      First roadblocks. the WTC is built but i cant stop the vent valve from leaking. it look like the screw is pushing just behind the ball of the valve. Even with a big closing force on the valve it leaks, any tips?
      This is the Foxtrot kit?
      Your hosed, nothing can be done about the leak. So, as a fellow r/c submariner, I will take this off your hands and let you focus on the M1. Aren't I a stand up guy? jk
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Albian,

e-mail me, dmeriman@aol.com

Send me a list of what you need and I'll fix you up.

David
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by Albion
          Next question.

Looks like the moulded in brass tubes at rear are designed for 3/32 shafts.
          Dave did you use rubber tube to connect these to something more usual, to feed through to your bearing bulkhead?

looks like hooking up the rear planes is going to be fun :(
          Yes, I use rubber tubing as universals between the SD output shafts and propeller shafts. It was all in my Cabal Reports -- you're on that list, right?

David
          Who is John Galt?

Comment

• Albion
            Captain
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by trout
            This is the Foxtrot kit?
            Your hosed, nothing can be done about the leak. So, as a fellow r/c submariner, I will take this off your hands and let you focus on the M1. Aren't I a stand up guy? jk
            Should add not born yesterday to my signature ;)

Comment

• Aug 2008

Originally posted by trout
              This is the Foxtrot kit?
              Jackal!..............
              Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...