• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlday1256
    Lieutenant
    • Jun 2011

Dremel - Freebie Adaptor

Not shilling for Dremel but,

I had an old Dremel drill press accessory (a substantial piece of equipment) that did not fit my new Dremel 4000. Through their website, I sent Dremel customer service an email telling them of my problem and asking if there was an adapter that I could purchase to make it all work.

The next day, I received an email asking for my address and telling me that they would send an adapter FREE. This is a nice, substantial part, plus a wrench to tighten the tool in the adapter. I am sure that they would sell for 10 - 20 bucks. I though ya'll would want to know:

1) This is a nice company to work with and I suggest you give them your business; and,

2) If you are in the same situation (old press, new Dremel) send them an email.
    Doodah
    If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!
  • greenman407
    Admiral
    • Feb 2009

Yes, they are great to work with. There 90 degree attachment wont hold up under harsh use. But if you tell them that yours failed, theyll send you another one for free.
    IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• jlday1256
      Lieutenant
      • Jun 2011

I am impressed with their Customer Service so far.
      Doodah
      If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
        • Aug 2008

Let me pile on here:

I told them I had four of the things I was sending in for servicing (new brushes, straightening of the spindle, etc.). I sent in four ragity old Moto-Tools, and they returned two refurbished, and two spanking-new variable speed models back to me.

Wow!

I love their machines!

David

(I'm e-mailing them this thread)
        Who is John Galt?

Comment

• tsenecal
          Lieutenant
          • Dec 2009

I have one of their new stylus lipo based models, and love it. It is the first cordless moto-tool of any kind that i can actually use without thinking about it. I can set it down and 3 weeks later use it without fearing that it will die 3 seconds after starting the job.

in addition to that nice little feature, it also has enough horsepower to actually do the job without dying, and its ergonomic shape works out fine, no cramped hand after using it to carve away resin for 30 minutes.

Comment

• He Who Shall Not Be Named
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by tsenecal
            I have one of their new stylus lipo based models, and love it. It is the first cordless moto-tool of any kind that i can actually use without thinking about it. I can set it down and 3 weeks later use it without fearing that it will die 3 seconds after starting the job.

in addition to that nice little feature, it also has enough horsepower to actually do the job without dying, and its ergonomic shape works out fine, no cramped hand after using it to carve away resin for 30 minutes.
            I'll have to grab a few of those. Love their products!

David
            Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...