The next sub on the printer - 1/72 Typhoon
Collapse
X
-
Thanks Rob. At this point I have lost track on how many hours it has taken. At this scale I had some issues with the files printing in their stock condition. Randy Sanders has helped with some different files but then I lost a couple parts due to something that really had me puzzled initially causing me to have to change how I printed the parts and as a result I gave up trying to keep up with it. I have been printing it on and off since 9/28. -
-
Hey Casey, I use a High Fill Polyurethane automotive primer called Finish 1. It is a two part primer so not air dried. Cures quite quickly and is very easy to sand. I spray it on with a cheap HVLP sprayer I got at Walmart. Cleans up with Lacquer Thinner. It is more expensive than rattle can primer but the results are superior so to me it is worth it. I will not go back to the rattle cans except on small parts. The primer actually creates a hard shell that gets into any pores and helps seal and lock it all together. Good stuff.👍 1Leave a comment:
-
-
Steve, what kind of primer do you use? I’m learning airbrushing, but I prefer can primer.
CaseyLeave a comment:
-
Wow that is a big boat! The submarine is looking really great Steve! You really have printing in ASA dialed. From the photos the finish looks great!Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
-
This thread went quiet, is the model still progressing?
Regards,
GregoryLeave a comment:
-
Leave a comment: