X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slats
    Vice Admiral
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by 598602G
    Only going to make 1 or 2 Alfa's and Echo's from the molds. Then I am going to put molds up for sale. Got burned out making molds. Current personal situations are making my decision to retire for good.
    PM sent - I'd like one.
    John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
    Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• Slats
      Vice Admiral
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by rwtdiver

Nice looking Alfa John,

The Alfa has really become one of my favorite boats! The simple lines really talk to me. From the above water view, it sure looks scaled out very nice! Nice work sir!!

Appreciate you posting the photo!

Rob
      "Crazy old man at work"
      Thanks Rob, the somewhat too visually bright decals I put on all my boats are really to help me see the boat dived. The paintwork and weathering I learned right here on this forum from David. In fact, I'm still learning.

The greatest thing I enjoyed about the Alfa was its simplicity. I ran this boat with a simple 4 channel setup. I never bothered to have working bow planes. I mounted the bow planes as friction fit horizontally in square tubing which locked the upper hull in place. The 4 channels were for Thottle / Ballast Tank / Rudder / Rear planes with a leveller. I flew the boat through the water dived and in swimming pools with plenty of room you could yank and bank with rudder and rear planes. The acceleration of this boat is something I'll never forget.
      Last edited by Slats; 09-04-2021, 11:35 PM.
      John Slater

Sydney Australia

You would not steal a wallet so don't steal people's livelihood.
      Think of that before your buy "cheap" pirated goods or download others work protected by copyright. Theft is theft.

sigpic

Comment

• 598602G
        Captain
        • Jan 2017

Guys sold the Alfa molds to Don at Loyalhanna. Here are pics of the Echo II. Haven't worked on it much as my mom passed away in Sept. Been busy around the house. Have to do a little more work on the Echo. Hard to see in pics but Echo has more detail in the hull than any other molds I have made. Echo is also one of the biggest sub molds I have made. 63" long. Blast deflectors are resin cast and glued into up hull. Hade to make front and rear molds as I wanted to not have parting line down the middle. So front hull is upper and lower and rear is right and left. Don is also buying those molds. Don't have much desire to build subs anymore after my mom passed away,
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...