X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trout
    Admiral
    • Jul 2011

Revell Type IX - 1/72 scale

Working on wrapping up the Sub-Driver for the Type 9, then begin trimming.
    I am having an issue with my Low Pressure Ballast Pump, it stays on the moment I plug it into the receiver. I have tried a variety of channels and to no avail. The receiver is a Sombra Labs SL-8 and the TX is WFly 8 using a modular crystal less unit. The other servos work when I plug them.
    What am I missing or is there something else I can try?
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
  • He Who Shall Not Be Named
    • Aug 2008

You're using the ch-4 output port on the receiver for the ballast sub-system, right? and you have a Y-lead feeding both the MPC and ballast servo, right? Check the end-point setting of channel-4 (rudder) of the transmitter. Initially set it for zero-zero. Then, after checking operation, get back to us.

M
    Last edited by He Who Shall Not Be Named; 07-11-2016, 05:06 AM.
    Who is John Galt?

Comment

• trout
      Admiral
      • Jul 2011

Y-lead feeding both the MPC and ballast servo, - Check
      End-point setting of channel-4 (rudder) of the transmitter - Check
      Set it for zero-zero - Check

Power on radio, then powered on SD and the pump starts up immediately
      Checked to make sure the blow/vent servo is truly not moving because of 0/0 setting. It was not moving.
      Tested it without battery link monitor - no change
      Changed end points 100% right and 0 left, The pump still ran.
      Turned 100% left and 0 right. No pump at all. Cool, I thought.
      Tried 100/100, pump will not start at all. The light is green on the pump controller.
      So, now the pump is not running at all. Do I need that special Y harness (buffered y-lead)?

Last edited by trout; 07-12-2016, 12:48 AM.
      If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Comment

• greenman407
        Admiral
        • Feb 2009

Did you get it figured out Tom?
        IT TAKES GREAT INTELLIGENCE TO FAKE SUCH STUPIDITY!

Comment

• trout
          Admiral
          • Jul 2011

Thank you for the follow up! No I have not got it figured out yet. I just got the buffered or boosted y-harness in. This weekend I should be able to work on it.

Comment

Working...