• polarisdave
    Ensign
    • Feb 2010

my wtc

Ok this is the first wtc i made and it works great
    Attached Files
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

If you get any glue on that tablecloth, I can see you getting a good beating! Tell us a bit more about the boat.
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• polarisdave
      Ensign
      • Feb 2010

LOL You are right about table cloth. Wife had a cow when i spilled paint on it lol .

The wtc is 2.5" od acrilc tube with nylon end caps i had machined at my local trades college ( the instructor did it for a 6 pack of beer.
      (Got to love us Canadians we work for beer) I have double o rings on each end.
      Since I never made a sub before this one is dynamic but I have also bought the jap sub I53 and it is more than big enough for me to make into a static diver.
      If I have the time my wife does not like me spending hours/ days in my work shop lol. The motors are a cheap hobby motor and they worked ok but I have since swapped them out for bigger and better ones.
      I did spend a while building my torpedo system and it works quite well I can shoot a torp about 60 feet through the air but only about 25-30 in the water. It uses an air valve and can from the re-tracts sys off one of my planes. The torp is just a brass tube soldier shut on one end cheap and effective. The power sys is just a 7.2v battery back and it seems up to the job. I have taken it to the lake about 6 times and in my neighbours pool a lot.

i plan on using most of my design in my new sub as well and improving as i go. I think i had it to a depth of about 6-7 feet hard to see in the lake though. In the pools better visibility but not much room to turn as it is just a small above ground unit.

I have plans to take it to my local indoor pool which is Olympic sized.

I think there is still the video of my sub firing a torp under video/boat vids, not sure. I was also thinking of using a windshield washer pump as a way to fill a container with water so I'm glad to read the other post on how this worked. I have a blood pressure cuff and a pair of washer pumps set up, one to pump water into it, one to pump it out, so I think that it should work fine. Will let you know as the build goes on. if you have any comments or suggestions please let me know as this is my first, but sure as hell not going to be last sub.

Right now i have 4 models sitting my my work shop. I have my Gato Revell, Dumas Akula, German type 7 and the Jap i53. I also know my sub need to be detailed big time but i wanted it working before i spent time painting it, but rest assured it will be finished this summer.

Comment

Working...