X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ironhorse
    Lieutenant, Junior Grade
    • Feb 2009

T-class ship goes to War

I offer to your consideration the green livery used by the T-class during ops in the Malaca Straits during 1944-45 and with base in Trincomalee.
    Attached Files
  • Kazzer
    • Aug 2008

The boats out of Trincomalee (referred to as Trinko) in Ceylon were painted in BRUNSWICK GREEN on the upper hull and a dirty brown on the lower area. I have this information from 1st Lieutenant Stephen Jenner HMS Sybil, (my dad's boat). Mr Jenner is still alive, living in Nova Scotia, Canada. He was quite adamant about the colours and explained to me that the sea in this part of the world was so thick with algae, it was a dark green. Brunswick Green is just like Hunter Green. So the green on this boat is a little light, and I don't think the lower hull looks the right brown. Other than that, I like the paint job, I wish I could do as well!
    Stop messing about - just get a Sub-driver!

Comment

• VanguardUK
      Lieutenant
      • Feb 2009

When built Tallyho a few years back I used as a reference this book: " The Hunting Submarine: The Fighting Life of HMS Tally-Ho", by Ian Trenowden, in which he describes the upper colour as "Pea Green" & a dark grey keel, so that's the colours I used. Not finding fault just adding my 2 penneth!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...